• Welcome to the New OffroadSC - We have successfully migrated to our new Non-Profit Servers. Our team has been working hard to make this migration as smooth as possible. If you experience any issues, please let us know via the Housekeeping > Technical Problems Section.

Carver mill=illegal?

Last time I checked in order for a trespassing charge to stick signs must be posted.. And last time checked there aren't any..

Sent from my iPhone
Using this logic it is completely legal for my friends and I to come 4 wheel in your yard whenever we want. There's no signs and you haven't told us not to.

anywhere wooded with no signs is fair game?
If there are signs posted I won't go.. There has been plenty of places like that around here that I've wheeled that would throw up signs afterwards and after that I would not go back.. But like Marcus said it is kinda hard to keep people off your land if only a select few can see the info..

Sent from my iPhone

It's common sense. If it's not your land you shouldn't be there without permission.
Where's the common sense when you go to Erskine Beach, Blacks Mill, Horizon Lane, off of the dirt road at Parsons Mountain, and where ever else? Sounds like the same thing here.

What I said before was that the only thing that was posted on here saying not to go was that the geo cache was suspended for 3 months. Now that the information is posted on www.offroadsc.com maybe it will make someone think twice about going out there.

Where's the common sense when you go to Erskine Beach, Blacks Mill, Horizon Lane, off of the dirt road at Parsons Mountain, and where ever else? Sounds like the same thing here.

What I said before was that the only thing that was posted on here saying not to go was that the geo cache was suspended for 3 months. Now that the information is posted on www.offroadsc.com maybe it will make someone think twice about going out there.
Oh I'm 100 percent sure I shouldn't be there. Shouldn't have been drinking and driving when I did it either. Doesn't make it right that did either. I was totally in the wrong and haven't done it in awhile. Shouldn't have done it when I did.

Oh I'm 100 percent sure I shouldn't be there. Shouldn't have been drinking and driving when I did it either. Doesn't make it right that did either. I was totally in the wrong and haven't done it in awhile. Shouldn't have done it when I did.
Yeah we all have done it. It was illegal to go there when Brooks and some others from Mid Carolina Jeepers was suposedly geo cacheing so they could wheel there. At least there are some facts out there and someone might stumble across this page and see it before going out there "just because everyone else does".

Last edited:
Yeah we all have done it. It was illegal to go there when Brooks and some others from Mid Carolina Jeepers was suposedly geo cacheing so they could wheel there. At least there are some facts out there and someone might stumble across this page and see it before going out there "just because everyone else does".
That is incorrect. There was written permission from the owner to use jeeps for travleing the trails to the geocaches in the carver mill area. It was available through the Cache page. This was done through an agreement with the Land Owner, who had a copy of the same agreement.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
The club never made a trip. The information about the cache being suspended came out during planning. We were going to do an intro to geocaching session at a meeting then go there for those who were interested, but it never happened.

**********AGREEMENT & DISCLAIMER**********
In accordance to the agreement made by property owner and the cache owner, the following must be followed if you decide to seek this cache. The property owner has graciously allowed this cache to be placed on their property for your hunting pleasure so please be respectful of the property as you seek out this cache. No hunting, fishing, or camping is allowed on the property. No littering or dumping of any material is allowed on the property. Use of and access to the property is limited to activities directly associated with geocaching activities and only during daylight hours. As always leave nothing behind but your name on the log and maybe some swag.

By downloading, copying or accessing any part of this cache page you are accepting full responsibility for any damages you may incur while searching for this cache. If you decide to actively seek this cache, you are doing so of your own free will. Groundspeak, the property owner, nor the cache owner will be held liable for any damage you may sustain to your vehicle or your person.

Enjoy the hunt, but please remember that safety always comes first. Remember you are on private property for geocaching activities, if you are not in full agreement of the above AGREEMENT & DISCLAIMER...DO NOT HUNT THIS CACHE!!

NOTE: There is a Spartanburg Water System right of way that runs through this property. Please be watchful for the manholes as you make your way to the cache and stay clear of them.
Also, Spartanburg's Finest patrol this area from time to time. If you should be stopped by a police officer and questioned about your presence on the property, respectfully explain that you are geocaching (keyword), and that the property owner has given permission to do so. Of course, you are welcome to invite the officer along with you while you hunt.
See larrys comment above, and the quote here.