April 26-28 O.S.C.A.R. XII Registration and Event information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary can't make it this year, so it looks like Linda's Bear Lodge right at the front has opened up this year. If anyone needs a cabin for next weekend Contact Larry today!

TorQ Masters is on board again this year for OSCAR 12 with gift certificates. They offer made in the USA lockers for many applications as well as chromo axles for everything from jeeps to SXS.

1713457183868.png

Let the last minute scramble begin. Dang wheeling...

New tires, wheels, axles, steering, bearings, and a bunch of little parts including all new diff bearings and seals inbound. If you let them sit they really do rot away.

How dare you wait until last minute for important projects!
I know it. Let's face it, this thing has been growing mold and moss for a year. Found out over the weekend that the front diff isn't stock so the rebuild kit is wrong. I was told the axles I ordered probably won't fit, but when I check the axles they say they are the same from 2014 - 2023. My 2016 apparently has a 2017+ front diff in it. Always fun to learn this stuff right before you are supposed to leave.

What are you breaking into the intake for, a leak?

I know it. Let's face it, this thing has been growing mold and moss for a year. Found out over the weekend that the front diff isn't stock so the rebuild kit is wrong. I was told the axles I ordered probably won't fit, but when I check the axles they say they are the same from 2014 - 2023. My 2016 apparently has a 2017+ front diff in it. Always fun to learn this stuff right before you are supposed to leave.

What are you breaking into the intake for, a leak?
Looks like knock sensor replacement to me.

So, who's heading up when?

Our crew will be in town Thursday. May get a late afternoon ride in if things go well on the way up. Traveling with a 2 YO, there's no way to set a time.

I am heading up Friday at lunch. Should be in early enough to get a little ride Friday night and a full day Saturday. Parts won't make it so I am installing as many new parts as possible knowing that I have to rip it all apart when I get home to rebuild the differential. Not ideal, but it will let me ride for the first time in over a year. I wish I could run up Thursday, but I have two meetings I can't miss on Friday morning. Sucks that I can't take them remote. Coming up kid free this year. My son is pissed, but he has other commitments that we won't let him skip.

Status
Not open for further replies.