ALTRDTJ build

Picked up a C02 take off Amazon last week and it showed up yesterday. Came with the regulator and handle for 295, which i didnt think was terrible seeing how the power tanks are 500+. This brand is preece precision. To me it looks the exact same as a power tank without the decals so who knows maybe they build tanks for them? Good quality so it seems!

133219.jpeg

So the car seat i have didnt exactly work with the kid cage/ my over all cage design. It wouldn't sit down far enough to be captured in the plate. Muckly my buddy had a car seat that he graciously let me borrow and it works great, sutton will have plenty of room now. Here are some pics, i tried to get a good look at what her leg room looks like but shes 2.5 and very wiggly so you get what you can.

133381 (1).jpeg 132303.jpeg 132321.jpeg

just something i have learned i figure i'll share, those carseats have very little padding when it comes to suspension absorbing padding in the seat, They get alot of their absorbing suspension from the seat they are sitting on. It may be a rough ride in there unless you go with a racing seat for her, dont know that they make one small enough for her yet.

just something i have learned i figure i'll share, those carseats have very little padding when it comes to suspension absorbing padding in the seat, They get alot of their absorbing suspension from the seat they are sitting on. It may be a rough ride in there unless you go with a racing seat for her, dont know that they make one small enough for her yet.
So the plan is to get some sort of foam matt to help absorb some of the blow. She wont be doing any crazy offroading with me. More or less for crusing around town and some lite flur wheeling

So i bought the new badlands apex 12k winch from HF this weekend, i watched countless youtube videos and it seems to be an awesome contender with the warn vr10, only time will tell. Havent installed it yet but its massive! Also started drawing the front tube fenders last night as well. I gotta get another stick of tubing!

134298.jpeg 134385.jpeg

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
So i bought the new badlands apex 12k winch from HF this weekend, i watched countless youtube videos and it seems to be an awesome contender with the warn vr10, only time will tell. Havent installed it yet but its massive! Also started drawing the front tube fenders last night as well. I gotta get another stick of tubing!

View attachment 21473 View attachment 21474
HF Inside Track email came out this morning with that winch for $499. Seems like a killer deal. I'd like to get a faster winch for my trailer and/or a cradle mount. Let us know what you think of it after you get to use it.

I saw that, think i could go get 100 bucks back? I paid 599 for it.
HF Inside Track email came out this morning with that winch for $499. Seems like a killer deal. I'd like to get a faster winch for my trailer and/or a cradle mount. Let us know what you think of it after you get to use it.

Got a few more things started/done. bent up the front tube fenders and added a little plate to the front of the slider where the bottom of the tube will ultimately end up. Got the the rear of the sliders extended to match the cut fender opening. I used the cut off pieced from the front side of the slider and swaped them to tbe opposite sides (front passenger cut off to rear driver side of the slider and visa versa) came out really good. Still need to fill the extra counter sink hole and blend it but for now its on there. Gonna try to get the front fenders buttoned up this weekend and get the grill hoop bent as well. Stay tuned guys, i can see light at the end of the tunnel. Bare with me!

20210407_204741.jpg 20210407_204729.jpg 20210407_204721.jpg 20210407_204715.jpg 20210407_204626.jpg

Big progress today, got the driver side tube fender done, built the coilover hoop brace and tied the fenders into the coilover hoops. Also pulled the radiator and grill to get ready for final weld of everything up front. Mounted the transmission cooler to the factory grill support and now its beer time! Cheers fellas

135586.jpeg 135585.jpeg 135584.jpeg 135595.jpeg 135624.jpeg 135622.jpeg

So i had been given some harnesses from.a buddy of mine to use in this build. Welll after looking at them i decided i wanted new more comfortable harnesses. So i picked up some PRP 5.3 harnesses and i tell you what, that was money well spent there yall.

20210415_203934.jpg 20210415_203952.jpg 20210415_203855.jpg 20210415_203841.jpg 20210415_203901.jpg

Getting some clean up done and a few small things this evening. Measured for limit straps on the front end. Watched a jake burkey video on how to get the correct strap length. and did some math (with a calculator i like to write things out to better understand them). But ill be placing an order as soon as i can get the rear tabs tacked in and suspension at full droop to allow me to measure for rear straps. Hope yall are enjoying watching this build take shape as much as i am. I know its been slow but its getting there one day at a time.

20210419_192600.jpg 20210419_192616.jpg

Getting some clean up done and a few small things this evening. Measured for limit straps on the front end. Watched a jake burkey video on how to get the correct strap length. and did some math (with a calculator i like to write things out to better understand them). But ill be placing an order as soon as i can get the rear tabs tacked in and suspension at full droop to allow me to measure for rear straps. Hope yall are enjoying watching this build take shape as much as i am. I know its been slow but its getting there one day at a time.

View attachment 21525 View attachment 21526
Its awesome seeing it come together, i love watching the build, its not as interesting after its done haha.