4.0 wont start. Need help!!!

haha. umm....not exactly sure. Pulled the code that said something like air intake temperature blah blah blah. code 23. So i replaced the intake manifold air temperature sensor. It got rid of the code but still wouldn't start like it should. Decided to try and drive it and see if it was a fuel pump/filter issue. Changed the joints on my upper arms, bolted them in, and then it fired right up! Dont know exactaly why or how but it did. Maybe the computer just need time to relearn the new sensors installed.

Been driving it the past two days with no issues yet. (knock on wood)

I guess i didn't knock on wood hard enough....its done the weird no start thing twice this weeekend. Went and wheeled it alittle sunday and it cuts off every once in a while when you go from 1st to Reverse and the transmission was pulling like sh$%. And occassionaly it wouldn't pull at all, just rev up and then all of a sudden kick in. WTF!

Last edited:
Yeah, i was kinda baffled by that as well. but i wasnt gonna complain since it was actually running. I'll check the fluid when i get off work but it just doesn't make sense why it would pull sometimes and then other times id let off the brake and give it gas and it would just roll back down the hill with the motor at like 3 grand. Wondering if the pump is bad in it? Cause it drives fine around town. I dont know if it was replaced when i had the tranny rebuild.