Post your Picture of the day

Those are fun to watch run I operated 6 just like that for 7 years on third shift.
I thought you did something like that. How'd you like doing cnc stuff? Apparently finding a cnc programmer is impossible that has experience. We've had this machine since July and it's just sat. I took machine tool at Tech but have only done small stuff since.

We had to drain the coolant tanks and flush them 2 times because they had gotten so moldy from the coolant sitting. Filled up a 300 gallon tank and then part of another. Gross gross mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought you did something like that. How'd you like doing cnc stuff? Apparently finding a cnc programmer is impossible that has experience. We've had this machine since July and it's just sat. I took machine tool at Tech but have only done small stuff since.

We had to drain the coolant tanks and flush them 2 times because they had gotten so moldy from the coolant sitting. Filled up a 300 gallon tank and then part of another. Gross gross mess.

So my son NEEDS to be a CNC programmer is what you are saying......

Its a 404 mog. Got the stock inline 6 gasser engine and a billion gears. Its pretty decent off road.

599655575_3949fd6291.jpg mog3 by Max Thomason, on Flickr

599626695_17414f2d0e.jpg mog5 by Max Thomason, on Flickr

612236285_1c9c41bc69.jpg All Too Easy by Max Thomason, on Flickr

613078468_d71d6da92f.jpg On the Pipes by Max Thomason, on Flickr

612427009_c0e6d3f23e.jpg Almost out by Max Thomason, on Flickr

Fun to wheel with.

594994644_9e30069477.jpg Old Bullshit by Max Thomason, on Flickr
That is awesome. Love the 110 in the background too.

I urge any younger person to get into a trade such as programming or take the next step and go to school for engineering. You can make great money in a skilled trade because the younger generation isn't willing to learn it. And, most people are too lazy to do the work it takes to get through engineering school.

I urge any younger person to get into a trade such as programming or take the next step and go to school for engineering. You can make great money in a skilled trade because the younger generation isn't willing to learn it. And, most people are too lazy to do the work it takes to get through engineering school.
He's smart and wants to work. He worked all summer helping a lady redo a house to buy a 73 Mercedes that was in the barn behind it. I'd love for him to become an engineer but he doesn't seem interested in that right now. I'm just happy he wants to work and become a machinist. He loves to build stuff from scratch. He showed me two parts he built last night. I'm very proud of him and his twin brother. He wants to teach kids and help with special needs kids. Something he is. On a side note I love the old Eagle Wagon's too!

Indeed. Anyone willing to learn how to work on a new commonrail injection diesel engine is pretty much guaranteed employment. Today, if you can't write script or do basic computer programming, you'll be left behind in life. We've had a huge turn over in the industry. All the old guys who are used to going up to an engine, feeling it, and knowing which valves are out of adjustment simply cannot comprehend using a laptop for diagnostics. After training, so many of them simply said they are retiring.

Just the other day I was using a program for programming ham radios, it is pretty much excel based. However since I know how excel works, it was easy. So many people have trouble with the program.

Engineering...depends. You work for a small company and get to do a bunch of cool stuff. However you always get the piss beaten out of you over everything and the pay can be crap.

On the flipside, a big engineering firm, you will NEVER see your end project. Just looking at 3D drawings, P&ID diagrams, and giant parts lists. That said, at 5pm, you are done, and the pay is most excellent.

It is hard to strike a balance, from what I've found. Hence why I left actually doing engineering. I still use my degree to speak informed on issues, but I haven't touched a calculator in forever.

I loved programming when I got the chance. But most of our stuff was production work only time I got to punch numbers was when some dumb *** temps would crash the machine ( on side note I have seen those machines crashed many times) or we where running prototype parts. From what I have seen now days most programing is done buy the engineers most of the guy that really no programing work in job shop making one off parts. In greenwood there aren't many of those job shops left. If there was a high demand for it around our area I would love to take some classes on the autodesk CAD/CAM but it would be a waste of my time and money currently.

He's smart and wants to work. He worked all summer helping a lady redo a house to buy a 73 Mercedes that was in the barn behind it. I'd love for him to become an engineer but he doesn't seem interested in that right now. I'm just happy he wants to work and become a machinist. He loves to build stuff from scratch. He showed me two parts he built last night. I'm very proud of him and his twin brother. He wants to teach kids and help with special needs kids. Something he is. On a side note I love the old Eagle Wagon's too!
I'd also urge him into getting into a program that teaches programming not just running them. I'm sort of a do all at the place I currently work and no one here knows anything about CNC machining, the milling center is our first piece to dabble in but it's already looking like something that's gonna develop into more equipment.

We're designing with solidcam because it works with solid works. I'm hoping to get into doing the programming of it as I did several semesters of machining while at tech and learned solidworks almost a year ago and have been messing with it ever sense. I'm a hands on type of person so I like to continue learning and getting my hands dirty.

I'd also urge him into getting into a program that teaches programming not just running them. I'm sort of a do all at the place I currently work and no one here knows anything about CNC machining, the milling center is our first piece to dabble in but it's already looking like something that's gonna develop into more equipment.

We're designing with solidcam because it works with solid works. I'm hoping to get into doing the programming of it as I did several semesters of machining while at tech and learned solidworks almost a year ago and have been messing with it ever sense. I'm a hands on type of person so I like to continue learning and getting my hands dirty.

We are running inventor at EATON but I liked Solid Works better seemed to be more user friendly. Who are you working now days?

One other suggestion for any technical/mechanically inclined young person is to look into a Mechatronics program at one of the tech schools. That will give them a solid background to maintain industrial machinery like robots, tire building equipment, packaging equipment, CNC, etc.... Once someone gets some experience, I've seen folks with this background be able to move into machine responsible jobs or into the engineering department where they do mechanical design work and PLC programming. I've worked in factories as an engineer, Maintenance manager, etc. for about 15 years and I can tell you there is a huge need for folks willing to go into this field. In some cases the companies will pay for the degree - tuition and books.

We are running inventor at EATON but I liked Solid Works better seemed to be more user friendly. Who are you working now days?
I work for a company called Current Tools in wellford/Lyman area. I started out welding here mainly manual but did some robot welding. Left and came back little over 2 years ago and work in the engineering dept doing prototype and design work as well as kinda overseeing things as we go into production with products. Last February I went to TPM and took a solidworks class and they bought a seat for me but I honestly haven't used it very much at all for doing much drawing.

We bought that cnc machining center back in July and we're going to be running solidcam with it bc we can use it off of solidworks, mastercam was the other option but was a good bit more expensive. We have been mainly farming most of our machine work out for years and this is a step into doing more in house and growing that part of our shop. A lot of aluminum castings will be put on it.

We desperately need a new lathe once this gets going. Ours is from the 40s and works like a champ for what we do on it but a turning center would be super nice.

Oil pump seized up a few weeks back and guy kept running it without oil. Luckily it didn't damage it to bad.

http://www.currenttools.com