Post your Picture of the day

I was thinking you could somehow use the license on a work computer then one at home maybe?

I'm enjoying it, literally never done any CAD work until Monday and I'm picking up on how to use it, I just want to spend as much time playing and getting familiar with it as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remote in and can use my work license on my home computer. Or I can checkout the liscense...but we only have one seat at my office so that's not a good thing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I remote in and can use my work license on my home computer. Or I can checkout the liscense...but we only have one seat at my office so that's not a good thing.

Solidworks used to allow what was called a HUL (Home Use License) for those individuals that used it at work with a network license. But they don't anymore. They stopped back in 2014. Even when it was available, it was a pain to get. You had to write to your distributor and they would issue you one (if they were nice).

Steve, normally if you are taking a class, they usually give out student license keys for your use at home. So you can study and practice. If they didn't, you might ask. If they don't do this, let me know, I can reach out to our distributor and see if it is something I can get for you. No promises. They are pretty tight.

One important thing to keep in mind is the contact info for your instructor.

We buy solidworks here through a company called TPM, they are awesome and have never blinked at helping when I have had drawing issues.

They also let us sit through refresher classes.

I'm gonna look into a few things but my at work experience will be the best hands on, I just know I'd like to have access at home if I could to tinker with a few things.

I'm taking the class at TPM here in Greenville which is the essentials course (1 week long) that was part of the seat my company bought for me. It's pretty much a introduction crash course into 3D modeling and 2d drawings. I've got a slow laptop at home now but may look into piecing together a desktop from my dad to doodle at home.

Looking at the website if your a student you can get a student version for $150 which is good I think.

Steve, I have my Solidworks book that is basically a walk thru on the course (very similar to what Office offers). It walks you thru about 8 models IIRC and teaches tons of tricks and what does what.... If you are interested in it just let me know.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I was the Network Admin for 6 years at TPM. I built the network that you are using to take that class. I actually put those classrooms in when we expanded into that section of the building. I know everyone over there and they are the "Distributor" that I was talking about. But even with all that, I don't think I could get you a free copy.

Steve, I have my Solidworks book that is basically a walk thru on the course (very similar to what Office offers). It walks you thru about 8 models IIRC and teaches tons of tricks and what does what.... If you are interested in it just let me know.
Like this? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455214048.551948.jpg

Have the ansi drawing one too.

That's funny Greg. One of the inside sales guys here is a friend of mine, just told me the history of the place over lunch.

I flew down to ft Myers last weekend to see family, I hate flying. This was my second trip flying, and it was a bit better than the first.

6c9ee36960575d6c9b730bc5c402aa16.jpg

I have a friend that lives in south beach, who always sends snapchats of ridiculous cars.

I love flying. Airports are entertaining to me watching all the people.