Guzzy Build

I dug under the jeep for a few hours sunday trying to pin point where my clunk in the steering is coming from. All the steering joints are tight. I know the balljoints are a bit loose, but this is a distinct clunk as the wheel moves. I'm afraid its in the box. That would suck. But it really feels like its got to be in the box. I'm not sure what to do.

Drive it till it breaks :flipoff2: I really need to get a new box too, mine has a good bit of play now. See if psc will give us a group order discount! haha

Drive it till it breaks :flipoff2: I really need to get a new box too, mine has a good bit of play now. See if psc will give us a group order discount! haha
I dont think its going to "break" from this noise, but I can feel it in the steering wheel and I hate it. It just doesnt feel right.

yeah, that would suck, I'm not completely convinced its coming from the box. I'm going to pull the drag link this weekend and see if it still does it.

Only thing I could think of then is isolate the box. Drop the draglink and cap off the assist ports, then cycle just the steering box. May have to get some one to hold tension on the pitman arm.

Well I finally figured out what the issue was. My track bar bolt was not superman tight and it was giving just the slightest movement. This was echoing through a loose jamb nut. Tightened them both up and we are good to go.

I was really surprised how loud the pop was and how much I could feel it in the steering wheel. I had already put two wrenches on it once before when I was trying to diagnose the noise. I ended up loosening it up and re-tightening it and it fixed it.

did some more research on the new 4.0 recently, and it has a 99 and newer intake on it, so I'm wondering if its just a new valve cover on the motor.

Also finally ordered some 5 on 5.5 dutchman axle shafts for the 8.8 so I can get rid of the spacers.