Handguns

I'm partial to 9mm.... ammo is cheaper and, therefore, you'll practice more. Also, .40S&W seems to have a greater felt recoil than even the .45acp -none are bad, just something to think about.

That being said, Taurus has a .40S&W version of their LC9 knock-off. I saw it at Palmetto State Armory earlier this week. Ruger probably does too..

Ed
Yeah I'm favoring the LC9 and even tossed around the idea of the LCR .38 special to carry. It seems like a pretty sweet double action revolver

Yeah I kinda figure it would be as light as it is. I'll have to check it out in person to see if it would be a good conceal carry for me. My dad Carrys the body guard .380 and its a good size but I hate the trigger pull on it.

Ed,
During our CWP, wasn't the revolver that got stove piped an LC9? or was that a .38 Special. I cant remember.

ammo i got is Hornady 155 grain TAP FPD for Carry, and Federal standard 180 Grain FMJ for the range. The TAP came highly recommended by the guys at palmetto, but they are aluminum jackets.... I'm gonna fire off some this weekend, so Ill let you know how I like them. The XD 40 is a bit snappy from what ive read, but it is supposedly super accurate, and you get used to the recoil...we'll see :)

Well walked into Palmetto State Armory Tuesday, and 30 min later, walked out with a Springfield XD .40 essentials package.
I've been looking at Schmo's AR's he builds. I feel like he is the only one who builds a basic, handy AR rifle. Thinking about having one built and shipped down here.

yeah...good guys there.....took the .40 out 5oday, and wh3w...its got some kick, but pretty accurate....I need to get it sighted in...seems to shoot low....

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

yeah...good guys there.....took the .40 out 5oday, and wh3w...its got some kick, but pretty accurate....I need to get it sighted in...seems to shoot low....

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
some new techie-code-secret-squirrel-ovaltine-decoder-ring-language?

Brooks, I have a Springfield XDm in 9mm that holds 19 in the mag and one in the pipe. The gun is far more accurate than me. They make a more compact version called the XDm 3.8 or something like that. Basically barrel is shortened a bit and the grip is shorter, with overall capacity something like 16 rounds in 9mm. It also has Mag extensions to Bring it to the full 20-round capacity of my pistol. If I were buying a carry piece today, it would be that gun. I love my pistol the way it carries and shoots, but the 3.8 is a slightly smaller package which would be easier for me I conceal since I am 5'6".