Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CFS Off-Road, New shop IN COLUMBIA!!!!!

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC

CFS Off-Road, New shop IN COLUMBIA!!!!!

Hey guys, Wanted to take a second and introduce myself. My name is Mike Travis and I just found out about the site. I normally hang out on pirate and nc4x4 so I am glad we have a site for SC people now Let me start by giving you some history

I am a long time avid wheeler. I worked for around 8 years total for a national 4x4 chain. I only got out of the business because my parents fell ill and I had to move back to SC to put them into retirement homes. Because of the lack of real 4x4 shops in the area I got a job in the restaurant business because I needed to feed my family and it was available. Did that for around three years while doing a few side jobs here and there until it finally got the best of me and I decided to follow my passion and open my own shop. I called up my best friend who currently lives in another state and he agreed to join me in this venture. I found a building and I am currently in the demo/rebuild stage of getting it ready to open. I will brag a little more later, on the things him and I are capable of but I will buy my vendor status first

Bottom line is, I just wanted to let everyone know that there is FINALLY some relief in sight for you south carolina wheelers who have so desperatly neede a shop they can trust to do great work at a fair price.

More info to come soon!

Thanks!

Mike

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    looking forward to more info, keep us in the loop

City
    Ridgeway
    State
    SC
    Welcome aboard. How are you at gear work?

whats the name of the shop and where you planning on building?

ClemsonOffroadClub
    City
    Edgemoor
    State
    SC
    awesome to hear!

City
    Clemson
    State
    SC
    Welcome aboard. Where are you located and some pics of projects would be sweet.

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Hey guys, just got in sorry for the delay in resonse. I will answer the quesitons in order....

97tjguzzy, Thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to meeting and wheeling with you soon

XJ Savage, Great.. not patting my or my friends shoulder but we have set up hundreds probably thousands actually between the two of our 20+ combined year expierience... I think we could do most with our eyes closed lol

Yellow Rubicon, Not sold on a name yet.... We have a few we have thought of but none have jumped out at us... heck we're open to suggestions! As a matter of fact... If it's ok with the admin maybe I will throw a contest up and if we use the name I will reward somebody with something???? As far as location I already have the building and am currently spending almost every spare minute of my time there since getting the keys to it. It needed a lot of work and I wish it was a little bigger but it's mine so I can't complain :) It is located right in Downtown Columbia. No offense to anyone but I don't want to give the address yet because I don't want any snoopers right now. I have some stuff in there already and it's really not fully secure yet.

WerideNTrux.... Thanks also for the welcome

Steve97TJ..... Thanks for the welcome. I will get some pics together soon. :)

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    Interesting, Sounds promising. how long have you been in Columbia?

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Well I moved to Columbia when I was a teenager and went to airport high. Moved away right after school and worked for a national chain for 8 years and just moved back to Columbia around 3 years ago.

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Welcome aboard!

Drawing from a fragment in your original post, how about "National 4X4" for a name?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast