Wounded Warriors Trail Ride?

I got to thinking about it again since i did see a story in 4WD and offroad about a trail ride out west with a group of wounded soldiers. What would the interest be to tour a group of soldiers around at Gulches for a day? I am sure Skip would be up to be part of it, and as a club it would be an awesome thing to do. just takes a few rigs that could safely fit a passenger. Throwing it out there. I could contact the local wounded warriors to see if they would be interested.

Let's discuss

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I'd be up for it. If Skip is on board it would be good press for the park and club also. Liability and insurance may be a concern, but just have to check into it.

I would be game to drive and could take 1 to 2 people with me (or perhaps 3 if 2 people could fit in the TJs back seat). I'm also a member, or what they call "alumni", of WWP so I get traffic on a lot of the events in the Carolinas. Not sure if this would be something done through WWP or AW2, or if this would be through the wheelers for the wounded that was on jkowners/pirate awhile back.

Last edited:
i was just thinking doing it locally with just our club and if there is any interest from other SC clubs. I am not sure how many soldiers would be up, so i am not sure what it would be for numbers of passengers yet. I was going to get in contact with WWP to see what it has for interest in the state. What is AW2?

This looks like really good interest in this. :)

Looks great Dan, what are we doing for lunch for them? grilling? catering? bbq?

If I were to ask one thing.. I know its persnickety, can you capitalize Offroad and SC in OffroadSC.com :grinpimp:

The flyers are sent out to the Wounded Warrior Representatives to get participants for the ride. The ball is rolling.
Dan,

Outstanding work, can't wait to see this one happen. I'll post up if/when I get an email via WWP to let everyone know that the information has been sent out.