Why Do I Need a GMRS License & How Do I Get It?

@Twilliamson I need to get a larger antenna I think. I've had a few times now that I have been able to communicate with people in the middle of our group but not the back. I'm currently rocking a 6" maybe antenna on the back, amazon is full of options. Do you have any suggestions? Is there anything specific I need to be looking for?

@Twilliamson I need to get a larger antenna I think. I've had a few times now that I have been able to communicate with people in the middle of our group but not the back. I'm currently rocking a 6" maybe antenna on the back, amazon is full of options. Do you have any suggestions? Is there anything specific I need to be looking for?
The way your antenna is mounted, you probably need a No Ground Plane antenna.

https://www.amazon.com/Connectivity...a/dp/B00HY33MKG/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2PFI7R3V3K28B

So, what happens if you operate a handheld radio W/O a license? Do the CB fairies come steal your antenna?
Ask nick about the dude that caught them on the rugged ridge channels. No fairies, he was actually very nice about it, but he told them what they were doing wrong.

So, what happens if you operate a handheld radio W/O a license? Do the CB fairies come steal your antenna?
Kind of like speeding except there are very few cops. REALLY the GMRS license is only important if you use Repeaters. Its cheap, doesn't require any knowledge so why not be in compliance. The bigger issue is people using rugged radios on unlicensed frequencies. They really don't take it easy on you when your 4wheeling communications wipe out/interfere with a hospital or law enforcement communications.