Where to get Hydraulic Hose by the foot locally?

PSI rating. I'm not exactly making this crap up. PSC hoses are 3000 psi at best.
Premade hose, crimped fittings.... $9. Rated for 4000 psi.
http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=918-3236&catname=hydraulic
As far as the other fittings (45s, 90s, swivels, etc) They're only a few each.
Thats if you get your hose from PSC, which, I'm sure 3000psi is plenty capable of holding the pressure of a power steering pump. You can easily build your own hose with the field serviceable fittings and make the hose rated to 4k psi as well.

I like the idea of the premade hoses so that I wouldn't have to fawk with making them, but I really dont see the downside to the do it yourself fittings?

PSI rating. I'm not exactly making this crap up. PSC hoses are 3000 psi at best.
Premade hose, crimped fittings.... $9. Rated for 4000 psi.
http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=918-3236&catname=hydraulic
As far as the other fittings (45s, 90s, swivels, etc) They're only a few each.

I was taking a look at the surplus center link, do you know which fittings go on a PSC ram and box that I would use with the hose you listed? this looks like a good option if the fittings are decently priced.

01tj

Thats if you get your hose from PSC, which, I'm sure 3000psi is plenty capable of holding the pressure of a power steering pump. You can easily build your own hose with the field serviceable fittings and make the hose rated to 4k psi as well.

I like the idea of the premade hoses so that I wouldn't have to fawk with making them, but I really dont see the downside to the do it yourself fittings?
My fittings came loose and blew off the line on the hose side twice. You can't really tighten them up on the trail with out pulling the line either, thats why I prefer premade lines.

My fittings came loose and blew off the line on the hose side twice. You can't really tighten them up on the trail with out pulling the line either, thats why I prefer premade lines.
I feel like that had to be from when you assembled them, Mine have been on there for 5 years now and haven't had any issues. The only reason I'm replacing them, is they were rubbing on my old trackbar mount that I hacked off the frame, and I dont like how thin the hose has gotten there.

But I'm up for the premade hoses, just need to find out what kind of fittings I need to put on the ends. I like the idea of the surplus center hoses, as I can just order an extra for $9 to keep in the toolbox.

01tj

Think what you want, but thats my reasoning. I had it happen to both lines at two totally different times.

So, I think I see why some of you have had problems with the field serviceable ends from PSC. Evidently the ends are hose brand specific, and PSC switches brands on their hose often because none of their suppliers can keep up with demand. So some of you may have gotten hose that was not exactly suited to the fittings you received.

measured tonight, looks like I need a 38" and a 32" hose for my new routing. I'm going to get them made tomorrow at Gaines W Harrison on Alpine Road.

quote was bogus on the phone, the lines are around $67 total... similar to buying the hoses and fittings from Surplus center... Ol well, guess they should be good.

So to answer the question of this Thread.

Hydradyne (formerly Fluid Air/Gaines W. Harrison)
2401 Alpine Rd
Columbia, SC 29223

They Sell it by the foot, or will make custom hoses in house.