Where is the Clemson Crew?

Ronnie, can you post up a 2011 Spring Clemson Offroad Calendar thread so People have a place to see whats up.
Done posted it up in the Trip section

Ronnie- my school email (never check my aol now) is jcollins1348@andersonuniversity.edu and miles is something similiar but yould hafta find out from him those 4 digits

Joey- im in edgemoor a good bit if you ever need any help just let me know
Alright I will get you added to the list and try to get Miles email from him too.

what are yall planning for the summer?
well, will harris and drake really wanted to go to uwharrie with us when we went in may but wills yj wasn't ready. so we plan to make a trip up there in june or july. it would be cool if more people could come. maybe people that couldn't make the last trip. if caseys rig is running then he said he may want to go and maybe austin would want to come before he ships off to florida.

Im going to be pretty dead as far as wheeling in the next month. Maybe can squeeze a gulches trip in before GSSE but I think Harlan will be my first wheeling trip again. Got a lot of work to do and need to start saving. Just happened to misplace my Lowrance GPS/Depth Finder we just got on the boat so my wallets going to be hurting for a little bit.

no, i never welded on the cage. i put together in sections so that i could weld it on when it becomes just a trail rig. i didn't want to be ridin around with all that extra weight on my dd. but yes, it would have been very good to have cause now im broke as mess with two broken 4runners lol. actually ol orange isn't broke its just cosmetic. it looks like it came straight from death valley! the cage is for sale and eventually, im going to build a full cage sort of similar to what davids doing. but right now, im working on trying to either cut the cab off on the 86 and weld it on the 88 or im going to swap out the motor of the 88 into the 86. which do you guys think would be best? and all i have for pics of the cage is on my phone and i cant upload them cause my phone is too old for that haha

350:5.3 = fat girl at hardees:pamela Anderson. 5.3 FTW!!!

but if it were me? plan: take orange runner, cut off roof. build internal cage and get a full bikini/soft top made so you can still dd it. sas with leaf spings on all 4 corner. 37 km2's. and wheel it. no fancy coilovers or links, no elaborate cage, no motor swaps, no unnecessary BS. Just a functional dual purpose rig.

you could also swap on the good body and then do all of the above.

you will have a hard time keeping the roof straight and all if you cut it off and weld it on ol orange. i say put a 350 in the 86...
haha yeah... are you supplying the 350 for me? if im going to do a motor swap, i might put in a 4.3 vortec don't really need a 350.
but what i would do if i cut the tops is: bolt on the hard top and line up the cab with the hard top and bolt it down with the doors on and tack weld it on so that it is steady for the rest of the welds. not that hard. i saw it done on yotatech.

http://www.yotatech.com/f198/outsanes-1984-4runner-build-thread-221920/

but this isn't the one that i saw on there but the guy had the same idea.

main reason im cutting off the top and slapping it on the orange one is because im basically parting the gray one out. joeys buying all the EFI componets, the computer, fuel lines, gas tank and rear axle. David D is buying the bed sides, denis is buying the clutch and possibly the transmission. im keeping the ifs parts for spares and ill keep whats left of the motor in case i have an issue. ill probably do a cluster swap so ill have an RPM gauge, ill also probably put the altimeter/inclonometer in the orange one. all that is going to be left is the frame, seats, and hard top if i can't sell it. oh, fenders and hood are going on the orange peel too. i think buying it was worth it. ill at least get my money back off the parts that im going to sell plus ill have spares.