What do you need to do on your rig before OSCAR?

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
  1. Crack open the front diff and figure out why my LockRite is not unlocking. (didn't want to make things worse so I just got the rebuild kit to bring with me just in case)
  2. While I have the diff cover off, replace the diff cover and guard with new parts (since the old ones are about to go). (Done, PRETTY!)
  3. Tighten the front wheel bearings (the wheels wobble on the shafts, thanks Cole for noticing). (Done)
  4. Replace the rear shocks with shorter ones that don't bottom out. (Done)
  5. Go under the Jeep and grease everything. (Done)
  6. While I have the front hubs off, clean and lube them (since I've been in the mud a little too much lately). (Done, glad I did. Probably would not have made the drive)
  7. Replace the inline fuse for my CB (it's broken and keeps coming undone). (Done)
  8. Put some protective covering on the ARB line because it is rubbing. (Done)
  9. Replace the front LCA's. (Done)

Just have to go shopping for food and get packed. Jeep is ready to go.

Speaking of food. I found a Walmart just outside of Harlan, so I'm stopping along the way! Less haul weight in the trailer without a cooler full of food, drink, and ice!

Speaking of food. I found a Walmart just outside of Harlan, so I'm stopping along the way! Less haul weight in the trailer without a cooler full of food, drink, and ice!
There is a big grocery store in the town of Harlan. There is also a small one in Evarts. It's typically pretty cheap compared to our prices. (one in Evarts). Also, it's a short ride back to Harlan if you were to need anything. Parts store, Wal Mart, Grocery Store, pretty much anything you would need is within 10-15 min away from your camp if not closer.

You are in for a treat if this is your first time to Harlan. IMO.

Man, my list just never ends for things to do....

Still left:
Tidy up wiring
Wire winch controls
Change oil
Put on skid plates
Take to Piedmont to get re-tuned

I think that pretty much covers it. I may be working on it going down the road on the trailer from what it feels like right now. SHEEESHhhhhhhh!!!

Think thats part of this hobby though. :cheers:

Need to finish washing some clothes, clean and season Brian's 14" dutch oven, and put the bikini top on the jeep. We plan to roll out tomorrow morning around 8AM.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I use an engine hoist and a strap. Just loop it through the rim and lift away. If it doesn't have enough lift in one shot, lift it till it stops, put a concrete block under the tire and start the lift stroke over.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I built my bump stops tonight, painted them, just need to be installed. All that's left is a check over, some fender trimming, and go over the trailer.