Wayyyyyyyy, off topic. Monster Miata Build

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I had heard a little about this. The Miata site is loading slow so I haven't read through the whole thread yet. It sounds like this should be a ton of fun. I hope you end up with something that performs like you want it to though. How does an iron block v-8 in the front of a car like that handle?

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Only adds about 30-40 pounds over the stock iron engine that was already there. The Tranny is the big weight gain, but that is almost dead center and low, so it doesn't effect the weight distribution. With the power I'll be putting in it, I should be sub 4 second 0-60 and the suspension I have will make it corner like a race car .... well, it will be a race car. I can't wait. Get that beemer done so we can go race together!

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I seen one of the original Monster Miatas years and years ago and always thought they would be a blast. I'm not the biggest Miata fan, but anything light with big horsepower is a win. I'm really looking forward to pushing it to it's limits.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Steve, I was actually thinking about calling you. I need to splice a piece of the frame onto the front of that car and don't know if I trust my welding skills enough. But I figured you could do it. Let me know if you would be willing to help for an afternoon or something.

But the project is slightly paused while I wait on some parts. I wasn't expecting it to take so long to get the kit from Monster Miata. But it's taking forever. I have other work I could be doing and I'll be back at it later this week.