Uwharrie Cabin Woes

Which weekend would you attend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright guys,

We again have a problem with only weeks till our trip. The Uwharrie Cabin Rental company called us today and stated that the Military had again reserved the Oak Lodge for this weekend and he would have to cancel our reservation. He offered to let us come the weekend before for a very discounted rate, but that was all he could offer us.

So now with 3 weeks till our trip, we have two options.

Option 1: We stay at the cabin the weekend of December 6-8th for a discounted rate and cover food and trail passes with the extra money. Down side is many people have said they can not go this weekend.

Option 2: We stick to the December 13-15 weekend but we reserve a Group Site at the Badin Lake Group Campground. They have showers and Restrooms.

Please only vote on this pole if you plan to attend the trip if your option is chosen.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I will go with either option, but my wife is undecided if we camp and my cousin is only in town for the original dates. So, definitely lose one from my group for 6-8 and maybe both for original dates...

I can go either, but my wife is not going if we are camping, shes not down with camping in the winter. I would love to go the week before in the cabin, considering its such a great deal, but I will not leave all these guys that signed up hanging out to dry.

I could possibly wheel on Saturday only if the cabin weekend is selected. I'd drive up and meet y'all at The Outpost that morning. I'd camp out Friday night for Saturday wheeling, otherwise.

I know for sure that I cannot come the 6th-8th because I have a weekend long experiment planned that can't be moved (demanding rats...). If people decide they'd like to camp instead, I will more than happily show up. If not however, I can always find my own trouble that weekend.

We cannot go the weekend of the 6th and cannot camp the weekend of the 13th. We'll have fun with you guys another time; just share the pictures when you get back.

Me and Cole were talking about coming the original weekend. But there is no way either of us are going to make it the weekend before since that is the weekend right before finals.