Trails in Gaston, SC information.

Guys, it looks like Columbia jeep club has contacted the owners of the property in gaston and it seems like they are continuing to ride in large groups out there. Can anyone from the Columbia Jeep Club confirm that this is a legal area. Looks like it could be fun for a short trip. I know a few of our members have gone over there. And we have many members asking for a local area that is close other than gulches and exit 33. Whats the current word on that land?

I went out there Sunday and met the president of cjc. From what he was saying is that he had talk to the owner or a friend of the owners and said that we had permission. The owner doesn't live in state and he said the only problem he had was kind of the neighbors but it wasnt there property so they can't do anything about it. You can talk to him more about and get the details I missed.

sent from my HTC

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I won't go out there from hearing a friend of a friend of the owner said it was ok... Someone who will remain unnamed, told me that someone from the club pretended to be on the phone with the owner in front of him to get the ok, but he later found out he wasn't actually talking to anyone...

No I agree if that's true I won't either. I'm not saying I know all details about. I think there are other members that know more about it than me.

sent from my HTC

I looked up the owner on the tax map the last time this came up. I gave them the information on the cjc Facebook page but they banned me and I never heard anything else. This was last fall.

looks like an investment company out of charleston ownes it. I guess thats why they assume its ok to ride there. Its very unlikely that someone is going to press charges from Charleston.

looks like an investment company out of charleston ownes it. I guess thats why they assume its ok to ride there. Its very unlikely that someone is going to press charges from Charleston.
Unless somebody gets hurt and then wants to be a jackass and sue the land owner even though they were trespassing without permission to start with.

From the sounds of the facebook discussion some of the neighbors don't like all the atv and jeep traffic the area has been getting recently.

I have the contact information for the owner and contractor. They are interested in working with a club to put up gates and help maintain the area. The contractor was open to setting up specific areas on the property for trails. I do not have time to handle this. If anyone wants to head this up let me know.