Tires, Wheels and long arms

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I'm looking for the following.

37x12.5x17 BFG Krawlers or KM2s
17"x8.5 Aluminum Beadlocks (5 on 5.5), preferrably Trailready with Rock ring or World Series ring
Long arm kit for the front or entire TJ

And I'd say do it all your self cause the majority of the long arm kits are radius arms which you will absolutely hate when you romp on it hard.

If you are still going to drive it I would stay AWAY from anything krawlers. I put a set on my tj for 3 miles and took them back off. They probably had 1k miles on them with 0 wear. Loud as sheet and heavy heavy heavy. Wouldn't balance worth a crap either. Also will be selling my km2s for Mtrs on my cruiser.

Well, everybody has different opinions on what is "street able". I would say try are not tire you want to slap on ad drive to Harlan with, but there are people who won't buy tires unless they are loud and ride shotty. Like everybody on palmetto mud club. A 37 blue also weighs 95lbs while a mtr weighs 68 pounds.

If I was to buy a street able 37 I'd look at trail grapplers. Love the looks of them but have heard a lot of great things about them offroad and on road.

Jimbo hates on the trail graps. I thought they were pretty darn soft compound by just feeling of them. I have not ran many DOT tires and probably never will. I would imagine that most all DOT tires are pretty much compareable. The only real differences will be weight and style.

If I was to buy a street able 37 I'd look at trail grapplers. Love the looks of them but have heard a lot of great things about them offroad and on road.
I have close to 40k on my 2500 dodge and still look like alot of life left in them. Keep um rotated and balance and they will be good to you.

I like my trail grapplers. They were flat out tough as all get out. They were hard though. The advantage of that is they still looked great after several trail rides. The mtrs I switched to were much stickier, road better, and it got better fuel mileage with mtr. I have the dura grapplers on my fj. Those seemed do better than the trail grapplers at Harlan. The stuck to wet rock alot better. The lx could be balanced getter than the tj but I would think an almost 2000lb increase in weight would have been a hindrance not a help. How long till brooks moves this to a tire discussion?

I have close to 40k on my 2500 dodge and still look like alot of life left in them. Keep um rotated and balance and they will be good to you.
You have terra grapplers. Also the trail grapplers wore like iron. I put over 10k on them with very little wear. And they wore dead even.

I know this doesn't help your "Want to buy" post but other than being heavy (extremely), i've had no problems with my 35" blues and they're on beadlocks. Daily drove them for a while and have been driven to windrock, harlan, as well as back home (4 hrs) several times while i was in school. No they aren't a mall terrain but drive good enough for me.

I've got the frame side link brackets available from that genright kit that Brooks posted the link to above. The came off pretty clean, so you would just need to clean them up with a grinder before burning them on to your frame. I would say that I might be able to be talked out of my 37" km2s, but doubt I'll have enough time to dismount them and then mount and balance my other set of 40s before departing for Texas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk