Ticking noise from column

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Drove the jeep 2 hours to Charlotte no problem. But just got back in it to drive 10 minutes down the road and there is a ticking noise coming from the steering column like the turn signal is on. It stops ticking when I press on the brake. Checked and no lights are blinking and everything is working like it is supposed to. I assume it is that led blinker I put in from genright. Is it going bad or is there something else I should check?

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
It came back yesterday. I drove it from one place to another with no problem. About a 5 minute drive. Then it sat all morning (in a parking lot next to the lake) and when I started it to run to lunch it was doing it again. Then I parked it to eat lunch and when I started it to come back and it was gone. Then it sat next to the lake again the rest of the day and it came back when I started it to leave. I drove about 10 minutes and when I parked it to get a couple things before heading back to Greenville, it went away again. Every time this has happened is after it has been parked by the lake for any amount of time. The column (or the inside of the jeep) has not gotten directly wet. Could it just be the increased humidity of the area that it's parked in?