The I done fudged up now rig......

Well got her home finally. Drive fairly decent. Has a hell of a lifter tick tap whop when cold , but is virtually non existent when warm. So I assume it's a lifter. The ol wooden stick indicated this as well. Anywho I'm tired and going to bed. Here's pics....
c344f501.jpg
7d269c47.jpg

Well got her home finally. Drive fairly decent. Has a hell of a lifter tick tap whop when cold , but is virtually non existent when warm. So I assume it's a lifter. The ol wooden stick indicated this as well. Anywho I'm tired and going to bed. Here's pics....
c344f501.jpg
7d269c47.jpg

if you figure out what the ticking is let me know, mines been doing it for 100k miles

If I was a betting man I would wager that you have a broken piston skirt. Pull the head and oil pan, find the bad piston and replace it. If it doesn't smoke your cylinder walls are probably ok. Drop your pan one weekend and see if there are any surprises in it, and you can see your pistons. Also you can take a timing light and gauge whether the sound is top end (lifter) of bottom end (piston, etc) by seeing whether you hear a knock per flash (bottom) or two knocks per flash ( top)

Well me and Demarcus and dam jared (jared didn't do anything he just ate a huuuuuuuuge cheeseburger) got bored and did a little work tonight. Warn xd9000i and some 100 watt pro comps. Bumper is a tough stuff spyder.
1e9d079f.jpg
2ac0939a.jpg

Well have been making some progress on the jeep. Got an aluminum tie rod ad a rustys hd tie rod and drag long setup. Ended up going with the aluminum set up for now because it had good low mileage moog ends. Also put a assie locker in the front. I definitely recommend 75/140 gear oil as the operation is much quieter. Put an ops yellow top in it as well last weekend and put the hardtop on to get ready for Harlan. Here's some pics for you non readers.