Should I sell my Samurai?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I have vehicular ADD almost as bad as Jimbo, and have been contemplating putting the Sami up for sale. All profit would go into the LJ or maybe buy a cheap beater xj... What do you think?

I have vehicular ADD almost as bad as Jimbo, and have been contemplating putting the Sami up for sale. All profit would go into the LJ or maybe buy a cheap beater xj... What do you think?
I feel like you have a pretty good setup right now where you have a trailer rig you can bring to play at gulches and Harlan, but you also have a good mild wheeling setup as well.

You aren't a pound it style wheeler. Sell the Sammy, put some 35s on the lj with 488s...Profit$$$$ If you were hard on the skinny pedal I would say keep the Sammy, but I think with a little more money the lj will outdo it anyway. You can still drive it places with you camper thing, and when you go to Harlan and other far places throw it on the trailer.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
You aren't a pound it style wheeler. Sell the Sammy, put some 35s on the lj with 488s...Profit$$$$ If you were hard on the skinny pedal I would say keep the Sammy, but I think with a little more money the lj will outdo it anyway. You can still drive it places with you camper thing, and when you go to Harlan and other far places throw it on the trailer.
That would be the plan. Already locked w 4.88s, so would belly up, 35s, aluminum beadlocks, armor, and chromos. I'm also short on garage space which is making me consider it.

I've done everything I want to do with the Sami and still keep it looking like a Sami, and its proven to be a reliable and tough rig. The other option would be to stop caring so much about it and beat the piss out of it.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
And I'd have a back seat for the little one on the way. Burgundy didn't approve of the bolting another seat right beside the gas tank idea...

Honestly even though I like samurai's, (you samurai in particular) the plans you have for the Lj sound good enough to sell the samurai for. so id say sell it. only thing id change with your plans is rcvs instead of cromos.

You trade me the low geared Tcase for my stock tcase, plus a little money, then sell the Samurai. Take the money and buy a Land cruiser, build that for the family offroad duties :)

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
You trade me the low geared Tcase for my stock tcase, plus a little money, then sell the Samurai. Take the money and buy a Land cruiser, build that for the family offroad duties :)
Why would I want a land cruiser? The 4.9 case isn't coming out of it, but depending on what happens we have a 4.16 case also.

I'd keep the sammi and not waste money on the Jeep. Just keep it a nice DD. I'll never understand taking a nice rig wheeling. Accidents happen on the trail, I'd hate to know I have xxx payment, xxx left to pay on it, depreciated xxx, and it's dented/scratched/tweaked windshield frame...etc...etc...etc! The sammi has a lot more bang for the buck, then considering it's trailered, and the peace of mind of it not mattering what happens to it goes along way with me. But hey....zip up your VEST and fall in behind Jimbo, he loves ruining good vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't say much...my duma$$ bout one of them ruined vehicles. I'm in denial, I like to think I saved it. I was getting in it the other day and the door ripped the sleeves right off my jacket and it ran like new. I think its kin to Herbie, you know the Vw movies where the bug had its own personality?

I can't say much...my duma$$ bout one of them ruined vehicles. I'm in denial, I like to think I saved it. I was getting in it the other day and the door ripped the sleeves right off my jacket and it ran like new. I think its kin to Herbie, you know the Vw movies where the bug had its own personality?

lol...