Scouting for MCJ Backroads Trip

Spent last friday scouting for the MCJ Backroads trip. We will not be using this area for our July trip, but we will be using it later in the year.

Greenville-Abbeville Area Map.jpg

Ahh yea that does slow things down a little ! You will half to came back up when you have more time there are some many forest service roads and dirt roads in mccormick county its hard to ride them all in one day.

Ahh yea that does slow things down a little ! You will half to came back up when you have more time there are some many forest service roads and dirt roads in mccormick county its hard to ride them all in one day.
Jimbo and I discussed that when I was up there. I'm attempting to create a route up there, but there are a lot of parts that I'm missing. Also, its best to use the less traveled gravel roads as they are less dusty. If you have any roads that you know of that would be useful for a trip like this let me know.

Yea I could thank of a few! My question is about where would you like to start your route and end and is there any particular stops u would like to do between start and end?

talking about camping at one of the state parks either hawe or bakers, and we would like to drive through old abbeville and probably stop by Moss Grocery and Maybe the Michelle's pizza

There were a few other things we had talked about stopping to see. We would start and end our route at the saluda 378 traffic circle.

That place is awesome. There are some old landmarks and historical things that would be cool to include I think. As far as the less traveled part that's not the case on any I don't think. The main traveled road would be the ones to Midway and Parson's Mt but all of those roads are ridden a lot, especially in the summer.

That place is awesome. There are some old landmarks and historical things that would be cool to include I think. As far as the less traveled part that's not the case on any I don't think. The main traveled road would be the ones to Midway and Parson's Mt but all of those roads are ridden a lot, especially in the summer.
Jimbo and I had some burgers and beer there last friday, it was awesome.

Yeah, it's good stuff. Especially for the price. Shannon and I always stop there before the race at Modoc if we don't go by Jay's first.

There is a ton of good backroads in that area.

I would probably either cross in to ga to Elijah clark state park a lot more family friendly or go south on 28 to Hamilton branch state park just my 2 cents. Baker creek has got run down over the years with the lack of state funding.

Yeah baker creek used to be such a nice place. Paddleboats and all that stuff. Hawe creek is still awesome though and has big campsites.

I personally have never been to big on hawe creek the camp sites are to far off the water and most of them you half to hike up a hill to get from the water. But if you are just camping for the night no big deal right.

I personally have never been to big on hawe creek the camp sites are to far off the water and most of them you half to hike up a hill to get from the water. But if you are just camping for the night no big deal right.
there is one point that has 4 sites right on the water on a point that are nice.