Scout 2 power steering gear

As in the box? If Todd has one, which he probably will...I can bring it to Harlan end of the month for you. I will be at his house tomorrow and will do my best to remember to check.

They are pretty scarce these days. I called around to all the reman places and couldn't find one. I ended up sending mine back to their facility and having them rebuild it as opposed to swapping it.

I am wanting one for my CJ7 to move the front axle and it would be all custom mounted. The pitman arm comes out the towards the front abd the box is mounted up high and out of the way

http://hermtheoverdriveguy.com/?page_id=1275

Here is the power steering conversion for an early CJ using Ford componants. This may work for your application. Obviously the mount they are selling wont, but you have pics to show how it mounts. A guy here used this kit for his M38a1. I always used the saginaw on my CJs, but this really is a cool kit and i will probably try it at some point.

Yeah it does look like a good idea. i am happy someone i still thinking bout upgrades to old CJs :)

I'd offer you my scout box, but the scout goes along with it. hahahaha

I am gonna keep it for a bit. Not sure what my ultimate goal with it is. I got some motivation last weekend to do work on it, may try to go for the floorboard repair this week

I'll throw this out there as well: PS box off a 1995-2002 Range Rover (known as the P38).

Despite the rest of the truck being a disaster, the steering is very robust. As with the scout, the pitman arm comes out of the front and mounts outside of the frame. These trucks are intermittently available at pull a-parts and junkyards.

Otherwise go Toyota.