Salvage Websites

I'm entertaining the idea of looking for a salvaged JK. I've come across several salvage websites where you can bid on the vehicle but really have no clue as to how they actually work and what the unexpected aspects are. Kind of like the first time any of us used Ebay and Paypal....it all made sense after the first transaction was over.

What do you guys know about them?

Most sites charge you to be a member that I have seen. The really good sites you have to be a dealer, salvage yard, or body shop to access (copart and that sorta stuff). I have looked at it a bunch but never pulled the trigger. At one time I was a member of a site through the dealership but never bought anything. Had a friend who bought several through me though.

I think you will be unpleasantly surprised at what salvageable salvage Jeeps will bring though. I was looking for a TJ several years ago and always got my feelings hurt. I am a cheap *** though.

Yeah part of me is expecting to not find a steal....everyone else wants a steal too. And I haven't figured out how to track similar values of past sales either.

You just have to watch it. Generally speaking a salvage vehicle is worth 50-60% of it's value fixed so look at what needs to be done and go from there. Obvious exceptions are a car/truck with hard to find parts and they bring stupid money lots of times because the parts are worth so much. Like a newer diesel truck for example.

My dad buys a lot of stuff on Copart and IAA. Good luck finding a JK for a reasonable price through one of those auctions. Wranglers are bringing stupid high prices right now at the salvage sales. As an individual buyer you shouldn't even bother looking. You'd be better off trying to find an early model JK with high mileage from a dealership.

My dad buys a lot of stuff on Copart and IAA. Good luck finding a JK for a reasonable price through one of those auctions. Wranglers are bringing stupid high prices right now at the salvage sales. As an individual buyer you shouldn't even bother looking. You'd be better off trying to find an early model JK with high mileage from a dealership.
Pretty much what I have seen also. Anything cool that is fixable is too high. Hit Craigslist or something like that.

Hi,
Yes there are various online portals available for salvage vehicles.But its important to buy or sale from the reputed or well known.I personally purchase or sale from the salvagereseller as they have authorized car dealers.

Last edited: