Rubicon Trail - 2025

Late summer. July/August

Potentially using the Labor Day weekend to our advantage. But nothing is set in stone. A lot will depend on the school schedules for Jay's kids.

Starting to plan our trip for Summerish 2025. I know that @DialD and Taylor did this in 2020. I am looking for lodging recommendations, parking, etc. Give me your ideas so that I can start planning the next great adventure.

Update:
Talked with Taylor @ OSCAR12 Saturday. Sounds like the move is to get a place in Tahoma, CA and drive to the trail. Camp mid trail and finish the next day. We will likely follow this plan. May even consider 3 days and running Fordyce Creek Trail while in the area (TBD).

Brief Schedule Thought:
Leave Upstate, SC Friday 7/11 PM with intent of driving in rotation.
Arrive in Tahoma, CA Sunday 7/13 PM and sleep in that morning. Wives and kids will fly in Sunday or Monday and rent car to meet up.

7/14 & 7/15 - Rubicon Trail & Potentially Fordyce Creek

7/16 - Fordyce Creek or drive to Moab

7/17-7/20 Moab, UT

7/21-7/24 Colorado. Heavy focus on Leadville area with potential of doing a day in Ouray to do the Alpine Loop also.

7/25-7/27 - Travel to SC

**Void where prohibited. No representation or warranty, express or implied, with respect to the completeness, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose, or utility of these materials or any information or opinion contained herein. Actual mileage may vary. Prices slightly higher west of the Mississippi. All models over 18 years of age. No animals were harmed during the production of this product. Any resemblance to actual people, living or dead, or events, past, present or future, is purely coincidental. This product not to be construed as an endorsement of any product or company, nor as the adoption or promulgation of any guidelines, standards or recommendations. Some names have been changed to protect the innocent. This product is meant for educational purposes only. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Package sold by weight, not volume. Contents may settle during shipment. No user-serviceable parts inside. Use only as directed.

So, I'm seeing 40 hours drive time from my house to Tahoma. We have Friday PM-Sunday PM- basically 48 hours of time.

That leaves 8 hours for fuel-ups and meals over 2 days. I guess thats possible. Are yall towing touble and team driving?

So, I'm seeing 40 hours drive time from my house to Tahoma. We have Friday PM-Sunday PM- basically 48 hours of time.

That leaves 8 hours for fuel-ups and meals over 2 days. I guess thats possible. Are yall towing touble and team driving?
It's 38 hours of drive for us. I wouldn't be against staying a night outside of Tahoma and driving to the trail head with truck/trailer then back after the trail. Still deeply in the planning phases.

Towing triple and team driving. Potentially having 4 drivers.... It's aggressive for sure and that's why I have it set up that way with some room for issues built in. We could lose a Moab or Colorado trail day dependent on the drive. Definitely some room for change there. Even potentially going earlier and utilizing July 4th as a drive day is a consideration.

My brother is going and he's a damn trooper behind the wheel. I can also pull my weight pretty well. We did all the way to Kansas City, Kansas in 2020 without much break. Todd on the other hand is the risk behind the wheel...lmao.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Brooks and I did Leesville to Albuquerque without stopping but it was rough.

I'm watching this thread with the possibility or renting something out there for the experience. I would love to rent a cliffhanger jeep and do the full Alpine Loop as well but don't think I could spend the time in Moab.