Rough country long arm upgrade

Has anyone on here ever used this or know someone who has. It looks like the most affordable way to long arm my tj. I have seen pictures of people flexing with it and it seems to have a ton of flex. Does anyone have any complaints with this kit?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Don't even bother wasting your time with this kit. Bushings and flex joints will wear out very fast. Terrible suspension geometry. Your jeep will respond terrible on the trail. there is a lot more to suspension than just it having good flex.

My advice just buy a set of rokmen, savvy, metalcloak, etc. control arms. keep the current springs you have and uprgrade shocks. You will not be dissapointed. You will be dissapointed with the rough country kit though.

Rokmen, no, they are only short arm that I can tell, also I dont have access to a welder and this kit doesnt need any welding because it uses the skid plate mounts and bolts through the frame to attach it all. The rebuild kits are only $15. Or I could replace them later on.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Rubicon express not junk anymore? I was always under the impression the joints sucked. All their crap bends pretty easy too unless they have changed it.

I have been running rubicon stuff since the 90s without a complaint. Or at least one I can remember. Only rebuilt spherical bushings once. My lowers are rubicon long arms in the front.

Why do you think you need long arms to begin with? I don't think you really need them at all for your application. Keep the jeep low and on short arms and you won't be dissapointed. A jeep with a 3 inch lift and good short arms will out perform a jeep with a 6 inch rough country long arm kit all day long.

Why do you think you need long arms to begin with? I don't think you really need them at all for your application. Keep the jeep low and on short arms and you won't be dissapointed. A jeep with a 3 inch lift and good short arms will out perform a jeep with a 6 inch rough country long arm kit all day long.
Street cred on jeep forum bro. But in all seriousness xEleventymillion what cannonball said

The RC kit uses the same bolt for the rear uppers and lowers at the frame. So there is literally no vertical separation at the frame. It also uses Radius arms on the front, which many people love, but in the end, its a design that fights itself constantly and wears our bushings like hell.

131_1007_04+rough_countrys_long_arm_tj_suspension+bolt_on.jpg

129_1001_12_o+jeep_cherokee_xj_rough_country_long_arm_suspension+upper_control_arm.jpg

I have read reviews on everywhere from pirate to jeep fourm. Those who have it love it, those who dont say it is crap because it is RC. I am on a very tight budget. I am not building my jeep to just be a rock crawler. I want it to drive good and go pretty much. Wherever I want it to go to a certain extent. Right now I hate how it rides with the short arms.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

How much lift are you running on the short arms? If it's over 2.5 inches I'm sure it does ride crappy. Keep in mind also that of you run a big tall long arm set up you are going to need to address steering as well. I kept my short arm at about 2.5 inches on 35 mtrs and it rode very well and tracked well. Wolfgt ran a similar setup and as far as I know was satisfied. I know his jeep drove well. Most guys on here do not run an off the shelf kit, and there is a reason for that. I have a rough country on my jk. The coils are ok but the shocks are poop. You are always mentioning budget in your threads, but If you throw the little money you have at the wrong areas it will cost more in the long run.

From what I have gotten from here is the flex joints suck and I should replace them with currie or something similar. Also, it isnt going to be the best long arm but it should work. The way the back was designed it will kill the joints faster than the others. For the money I spend $900 on the kit and another say $250 on joints. That still puts me at half of what the other long arms and some of the short arms out there.

I have 4" in the front and 3" in the back to try to level it out. The back is still a little higher but it is close enough.

Yeah lower that mofo and put everything in a good angle. You would be surprised how much the overall driving improves including steering.

What shocks and coils are you running currently? Shocks can make or break any lift kit. If you are running junk white body shocks with a longarm kit it wont ride any better than your current short arms.