Ram Rod Speedshop Garden

We’ve been eating most meals at home since Braz was born and my neighbors garden hasn’t been great the past couple of years so our fresh produce the past two has been quite lacking…

We decided to give it a shot this year. Nothing crazy but hopefully we will have some success!

I dug out the grass and tilled. Wife did the planting.

9BF7B2D1-A49D-456F-902D-3CAE4859DFF3.jpeg 2226391E-91F4-450A-9FD5-2D8A4E138097.jpeg 3E409ADC-7CE7-49CB-B49A-BBCBDFF113D1.jpeg

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Nice. We've been front porch gardening for herbs the past couple years. Kids decided to try a couple fruits and veggies but something already ate their only strawberry...

Yeah man. I was slack on updating this.

We ended up with a TON of squash, tomatoes, and okra. Jalapeno's were decent and other peppers OK.

This year we about tripled the size of our garden. We have double the tomato plants, same amount of squash, way more peppers, green beans, sweet potatoes, and Yukon gold potatoes. Everything is coming in pretty good so far!

I built some raised boxes this year. We have tomatoes, squash, zucchini, and all 3 bell peppers. I've got a spot I'm getting ready for okra as well. I'm looking forward to eating good soon.

Keep your squash off the ground. We got taken over by vine borers last year when it got hot and killed production. Will be growing mine in cages or stakes this year.

Yeah man. I was slack on updating this.

We ended up with a TON of squash, tomatoes, and okra. Jalapeno's were decent and other peppers OK.

This year we about tripled the size of our garden. We have double the tomato plants, same amount of squash, way more peppers, green beans, sweet potatoes, and Yukon gold potatoes. Everything is coming in pretty good so far!
have you done potatoes before? My brother has had good luck, but I have yet to get a good crop of potatoes when I've tried.

have you done potatoes before? My brother has had good luck, but I have yet to get a good crop of potatoes when I've tried.
This is our first go at Potatoes. My boss talks about how good they are home grown so I had to try it out. So far they are growing well. I did plants for the sweet potatoes and did some sprouted potatoes for the Yukon Golds. Time will tell!

The problem we always had in Clinton was the clay soil. It would not allow the potatoes to grow over golf ball size. It was just too compacted and would stunt the growth. Probably do well in the sand I live in now.

The problem we always had in Clinton was the clay soil. It would not allow the potatoes to grow over golf ball size. It was just too compacted and would stunt the growth. Probably do well in the sand I live in now.
Makes sense. I thought they pushed up and you had to keep adding soil. Guess I’ll report back in 60-80 days!