PSA: Wear Safety Glasses all the time in the shop

Just got back from the Eye Dr for the 3rd time in my life for metal in my eye.... not a fun process.

I got some second hand metal from cutting 4 door rock rails down to 2 door rock rails this past weekend.

If you are around it, wear the dang glasses.facepalm

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
You have the worst luck. I wear glasses so I have some protection, but I've had something get in my eye around the glasses a couple times but it has never caused a big issue. I did buy a grinding hood when we got the motor mounts out of the jeep though.

I bought a face shield a year ago, and I love it, it doesnt fog up with a breathing mask on. My eyes are like metal magnets. I will say, I work with a lot of grinding metal and have only had it 3 times since 2003. so I guess thats not as bad in 16 years. I am much more diligent since the last time in 2013 with wearing safety glasses and face masks.

If I am doing any grinding or metal work I always wear mine. Two times to the eye doctor broke me of the habit. Last time it got in the Iris. That was brutal...sensitive to light for several days.

Just got back from the Eye Dr for the 3rd time in my life for metal in my eye.... not a fun process.

I got some second hand metal from cutting 4 door rock rails down to 2 door rock rails this past weekend.

If you are around it, wear the dang glasses.facepalm
No fun at all. I have done this myself, the result of being too lazy to grab the safety glasses. I buy them in bulk now.