Project CJ or Willys

Maybe so. I really don't remember. We may of had to guestimate year and got it wrong. I cant remember if it was VINed. Didn't we buy that Venturecraft Trailblazer Camper(i think that what it was called) from yall?

We sold yall that light yellow Scramber that was unfinished. We did not know that the rail was bent either. We lived off of Chinquapin but the fellow that we sold it to (Stan) may of lived in that area also. That one was not a frame off but more of a freshen up deal. It was in great shape as it was.

I'm going to scan some pictures and share them in case anyone wants to see them. It will give an idea of which direction this Jeep will go in if I find the right project. There was a perfect one in Asheville but I think I missed it.

I'm still voting for a willy's you don't see them being driven down the road everyday. My dad and I keep saying we're gonna buy either some type of topless jeep or Toyota or another wagoneer to fix up/restore but we have way to many other projects on our plate before that happens as well as a shop to build.

That scrambler on due west highway I know hasn't moved in 20 years as I remember seeing it when I played baseball in due west when I was about 5 years old.

Yep, full of empty cigarette packs last time i stopped and looked at it. old lady says her hushand will never sell. I've stopped and ask about 3-4 times in the last 12 years.

Haha, yep that's the one. I bet they know before they open the door. There is a Willys in Charleston for sale for 1K. It is in pieces but complete. I just so happen to be going to Charleston this weekend but I don't know. Still thinking a 5.

The guy on hwy 20 bought that thing new. I have been told no and a guy I used to work with is close friends with him told me not to bother that he would never sell it.

Nick saw a candidate CJ5 today. Its on Lake Forrest rd right on the corner of 221 pretty much across from Lees BBQ. The guy runs somewhat of a junkyard and I think he will sell anything. From the road the body looked pretty good.

Well Oscar had convinced me to forget about this and start working on the TJ again. I agreed with him and was about to order hydro steering. Now this Lady calls me today and accepts my weeks ago offer of $600 for her running CJ5 that looks to be in really good shape. No seats, top, carb or working steering column. She was asking three times that but it was spring over and I told her I wanted stock so that's where the lowball offer came from. I don't know if I can pass this up. I wish she wouldn't have called. I will keep you guys posted as if anyone other than Oscar gives a crap. Its a 77 with a 304, 3 sp tranny and solid body. Maybe I will post a pic. Oscar has really given me the wheeling bug so I may have to pass. Damn you Oscar!!

How is it running with no carb? :shaking:
Seriously though it does have a carb, she claims it needs a new one as they have to pour fuel in it to keep it running. She does not seem to know much about this kind of stuff so really until I see it, I don't know anything about it. Could be a diamond in the rough, or just the rough. I'm gonna plan on picking her up this week so pics to follow.