Post your Picture of the day

My quarterly progress report of working on the TJ.

Worked some on my TJ recently. Set my axles under it so i could tack the mounts in place. With how i have them set now, WB will be 99" with intentions of pushing the front 2.5" forward to come to about 101-102". Tire plan is 35 or 37 depending on what i can find at the time and i think it will be perfect at that WB. Using Barnes4wd frame brackets 0 degree. Mounted the fronts inside the frame to hope and keep my tires out of the links. Finished cutting and cleaning my rear frame and tacked up the 2x3 i got, need to come up with a rear bumper/xmember to tie them together and then burn the frame in and fishplate the **** out of it.

Question, i was planning on outboarding the mounts to the outside of the frame in the rear to gain some stability and look like sweet tits, Is that a good idea or should i mount them inside the frame to give the lowers some triangulation?

If you'll notice in the picture, the axle mounts need to be moved outboard some because how they are now the arms are going in slightly. I guess what my question is, if i got them straight would i benefit ok from that or should i shoot to have some triangulation to them? Chris Durham mounts his lowers kind of like that, but his axles are wider.

dcf8c206.jpg

a0017790.jpg

This is all made possible by Adderall.....it's meth, but legal.

Also sorry for the crappy pictures and dirty *** shop/working area, i've been trying to work not clean.

throw your numbers in the 4 link calculator and see what your roll axis angle is, that will tell you how outboarding the lowers will affect your handling.

When I get a chance in a few days I'll try and pull some real numbers. I have changed it up since I last crunched numbers, but after moving my axle mounts out, I think I should be alright. Plasma'n part of the rear truss to make welding it easier today and I should be able to get my uppers in and see what it's going to wanna do.

Also probably gonna go ahead and build new rear lowers while im at it. Didn't like the ones I had made from solid and im to lazy to put the 2 joints back together.

Already got that on lock. I'll play around with the calculator in a little bit and see if i can come up with anything good. I'm not to worried about it honestly, i was just thinking about it yesterday. I'll flex it all out before i burn anything on there for good, if it don't work i'll cut it off and deal with it next year....