Off Topic: Xbox help

Hi all,

The girlfriend got an Xbox for Christmas and I can't get the stupid thing to connect the wireless controller (of course it can't come with a cord so the damn thing actually works :roll: ). I've looked all over the internet and tried talking to xbox support. I figured I would last ditch ask here and see what everyone says.

Anyway so here is what went down: Brand new Xbox. We pull it out and follow the instructions to set it up. Go to setup the wireless controller, three green lights appear around the on/off button. I press the "sync" button on the console to try to get it to go into the "find wireless controller" mode but it won't do it. I've tried holding the button for various lengths of time. Pressing it. Putting the wireless controller right next to it. Unplugging the console (all the cords and everything). Below are the lights that have been on since the beginning and no matter what I do, they never change.

12+-+1.jpg

Any ideas on WTF to do would be greatly appreciated. Usually I can figure these things out or research them to death. But this one has me stumped.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I'm sure you have found thus article, but here it is and my advice.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6956940_wireless-controller-won_t-sync-unit.html

It is a wireless device and can be interfered with by other wireless devices. Just for troubleshooting purposes, while trying to get it connected, turn off everything you can that may interfere (cell phones, cordless phones, access points, any other device in the house that may have wireless capability like a DVR, tv or anything else). Then try it. If it works, power everything up one at a time to see what may interfere. Also, try setting up the Xbox in another room or a friends house. That will tell you if is something local interfering.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express Pro

I will give that a shot. There is a lot of other houses around here and considering Wireless N routers have ridiculous range these days, that could do it.

Thanks! Will give that a go.