OBX limited Slip Carriers

35's are much more expensive to purchase, to run themeffectivly off road,I would have to get another inch lift, and I would have to upgrade my brakes. I hate the stoppingpower. Now, I can't imagine 35's. They are just not for me. If I can not get my hands in a cheap d30 with 4.10's, I will stay where I am. After realizing I was going to have to regear. The 8.8 anyway last night, I've pretty much realized im sticking with the 4.56's....
Shane, stick with the 4.6s and your brakes will be better with the discs in the rear. If you still don't like them then upgrade to the smaller of the 2 durango MCs onto your factory booster. As for your tire/lift dilemma; just hiline your junk, slap on some 35s, and then go wheel it. Did you ever talk to chase about regearing your 8.8 for you?

Last edited:
35's are much more expensive to purchase, to run themeffectivly off road,I would have to get another inch lift, and I would have to upgrade my brakes. I hate the stoppingpower. Now, I can't imagine 35's. They are just not for me. If I can not get my hands in a cheap d30 with 4.10's, I will stay where I am. After realizing I was going to have to regear. The 8.8 anyway last night, I've pretty much realized im sticking with the 4.56's....
I still have 4.10's :p....

Shane, stick with the 4.6s and your brakes will be better with the discs in the rear. If you still don't like them then upgrade to the smaller of the 2 durango MCs onto your factory booster. As for your tire/lift dilemma; just hiline your junk, slap on some 35s, and then go wheel it. Did you ever talk to chase about regearing your 8.8 for you?
I havent. I am going to give him a call tomorrow to get an estimate..However, the wife just approved the M416 overhaul and RTT purchase, which will take priotity over the 8.8 unfortunately....

As for hilining, I am waiting on MCE to release the 4.5" flatty flare they are working on...as soon as that is out, flatties here I come :)

im on 3" on a good day....with a 1.25" or so BL....Im sure I could pull it off. I will probably stay with the 4.56's. It is just easier. The 8.8 4.56 gears cost more, but thats not a big deal over all....I was hoping that the 8.8 was a 4.11, which would have made the swap cheaper, but its not, so thats no longer an issue..