New Rules for Spectators and Drivers needed

I do think there needs to be a bit more caution at the events. When the rig was on its side at the festival and then gunned it to spin there were plenty of people in the zone that could have gotten hurt. No need to bring anymore bad press to our community, we are getting shut out enough on the trails.

01tj

It's funny that everyone was cheering and saying roll it when it happened, and now act totally opposite. If you look at the video the only two people close to it was me and Brian, everyone else was between the rigs.

The footage the news crew has of the jeep crawling up the tire is a different jeep than the one in the pics that it flopped on. And something that makes no sense to me is the video shows a close up a :53 seconds of the driver side windshield being crushed in, almost like a tire from the orange jeep did it. but yet the jeep is flopped over on the passenger side of the silver jk?

They said it happened when he was coming off the Jeep shown in the news clip (maybe just after he got down). The initial story read like he turned off the Jeep then it moved but I think that was just bad writing after listening to the reporter. Saw another article quoting the driver of the Orange Jeep where he posted an apology on a forum (for their local group I guess). Said he had the brakes on and the clutch in when it started moving so my only guess for mechanical failure is the clutch master or slave, then he just didn't have the wits to take it out of gear or turn it off before it all went to hell.

You can actually see what is likely the victim sitting on the Silver jeep in the news clip at about the :36 mark. If she was still there when it happened she might have been knocked off the Jeep from the initial impact, then crushed as the Orange Jeep drove over the hood and rolled. Seems like a lot of ground to cover in low range, but panic can really destroy your ability to react logically to a situation. Sucks for everyone involved.

*edit*
guess it was Facebook
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/driver...man-i-am-in-absolute-emotional-hell-1.1288331

Last edited: