New Restoration Project pictures

Good fun today. Brooks if you need the socket for the spindle nut, let me know.

With that rot on the GPW frame at the motor mounts, do we just want to patch it up. or use the other frame? If we use the other frame we will need to use that front axle for the steering.

Good fun today. Brooks if you need the socket for the spindle nut, let me know.

With that rot on the GPW frame at the motor mounts, do we just want to patch it up. or use the other frame? If we use the other frame we will need to use that front axle for the steering.
I think gary really wanted to use the gpw frame, could we just cut out a section and weld in some plate?

We can just plate it, it maybe just alot of trash inside making the rot look worse. since it is going to be a parade queen it probably wont be an issue.

You can swing by place or i can bring it to work. Definately differnt than the 44, the 44 should ahve the 4 tabs, the dana 25/27/30 is just a big honkin socket :) just let me know.

You can swing by place or i can bring it to work. Definately differnt than the 44, the 44 should ahve the 4 tabs, the dana 25/27/30 is just a big honkin socket :) just let me know.
If you can bring it to work one day this week, I can walk over and get it at lunch.

Since i wasn't there for the first work day what was decided about the motor? Next question, I volunteered for electrical. Looks like these were all originally 6v systems. Is it the intent to keep this one at six or go to 12v and just use a standard GM 1 wire 12v alternator for ease of maintenance and parts availability?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Terry said Ronnie volunteered to take the engine. It's sitting on a pallet ready to go. We did not discuss wiring, probably a question for Gary.