New Jeep owner

Larry, my parents have a house in Ridge Spring/Aiken area. I live in Hartsville and go there all the time. I am trying ot make the cook out next weekend but I don't know if it's going to happen. I also have to be in Atlanta on Wednesday. So if you wanted those tires/wheels I could get them to you. Do you know the guys name here that has them for sale?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Larry, my parents have a house in Ridge Spring/Aiken area. I live in Hartsville and go there all the time. I am trying ot make the cook out next weekend but I don't know if it's going to happen. I also have to be in Atlanta on Wednesday. So if you wanted those tires/wheels I could get them to you. Do you know the guys name here that has them for sale?
Thanks but I went ahead and picked up a set of alloy wheels yesterday. Just looking for tires now.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
In a about a week, my 31" all terrains will be available. The spare is new. Chrome steel wheels. You have seen them. Make you a heck of a deal.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
In a about a week, my 31" all terrains will be available. The spare is new. Chrome steel wheels. You have seen them. Make you a heck of a deal.
I really don't want anything less aggressive than BFG AT KOs, but who knows. I won't need wheels. I got a set of five Eagle Alloy 101 series.

1312937550.jpg

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I got a bunch of stuff from Brooks and ordered all new TREs last night. After seeing what Rusty's gets for shipping a leaf pack, I need to find springs somewhere else or get aal/shackle. I'm down to just needing rear springs, shocks, and brake lines. Will probably also need rear shims and front bump stop extensions, then whatever I do for driveline angle.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
This morning:
1314494929.jpg
1314494931.jpg

Now:
1314494934.jpg
1314494933.jpg

Progress did not go well, but it's on its own weight with all the adjustable control arms in and I think they're close to right. There's no steering (RockAuto sent me one wrong TRE and I don't have jam nuts). There's no trackbar because I don't think I have the right hardware for either end...

I found my death wobble cause... The frame side trackbar mount had one broken bolt and the other one in from the bottom was loose. The flange of the motor mount that the front bolt goes through is also broke. I've got to move the truck enough to either weld a bolt to the broken bolt or just weld the bracket on.

Is this a stock trackbar bracket?
1314495384.jpg
The welds look like crap so I wasn't sure if it was factory...

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Messed around a little more today, got my tires mounted... waiting on more parts now.

I got the broken trackbar bracket out, can't believe this actually worked:
1314572211.jpg

1314572213.jpg
1314572215.jpg

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
So... just placed an order with Rusty's for the rear lift and a few things left for the front :).

Brooks, I picked up those tow hooks/brackets you posted too.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
So I've got everything but the trackbar bracket now, so I started on the rear lift. Those spring and shackle bolts were a PITA!

Question - what to do with the rear sway bar? Leave it connected like stock? Remove it all together? Longer links?

I'm definitely going to need a gas tank skid if anybody has one laying around or knows of a decent cheap one.

So I've got everything but the trackbar bracket now, so I started on the rear lift. Those spring and shackle bolts were a PITA!

Question - what to do with the rear sway bar? Leave it connected like stock? Remove it all together? Longer links?

I'm definitely going to need a gas tank skid if anybody has one laying around or knows of a decent cheap one.
many people take them off and use the brackets as bar pin eliminators on the rear shocks.