Moab

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Isn't Moab in Georgia?

Just kidding. Can you rent trailers that can haul two rigs? And a trailer that size, are they normally goose neck or not?

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Oh, I seriously wish I had the funds to make that trip
That's why I'm bringing it up now. Give us all a chance to plan way way in advance and maybe be able to save for it. Heck, this may be a 2016 trip, but it would be great to at least start a plan, find out who would be interested and able. I definitely want to go but won't go by myself. The support of a group is worth the wait. And I want to work most of the kinks out of my jeep setup before making a trip like that anyway.

Andrea and I talked about a trip moab or colorado spring of 2012. But I would have to be on a trailer. Unless i have 3 weeks for the trip. The biggest thing with moab is I would want to have as much time as possible out there, and if I drive my jeep I would want to see stuff along the way... So... I want to just drive strait through there and back and have 5 days out there.

nope, the summer just kindof flew by and I havent had a chance to post. Figured if I cant get people to drive to TN it would be hard to get them to drive 30 hours haha. In order to go I have to find a trailer to ride on.

I think Fordyce Creek would be just as much fun. I'm down to go but the Jeep gets a sad look on it's face when I mention it. :frowny: I'd like to do it when I'm on one ton axles (very soon to be), and some good tires. Next year is possible.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Chris may's 34 foot trailer is for sale. Greg, if you buy it and fuel my truck I'll tow it ;). I figure it would cost about $1,000 to tow my single trailer out there.

I've also heard rumor of a train ride option. If I remember right it was around $800 per rig, picked up in SC and dropped in Utah and return trip. I don't even know where to start searching for details on that. That would be what I would do.

On second thought. What if we could pay a flat bed trucker to drive us? My dad use to drive for a few companies and still has a current Class A. I think we could fit about 4-5 small rigs on a 53'.

I would hope. Makes sense anyhow. I think it'd be awesome to ride a train all the way there with the rig riding shotgun. With out details I can't even begin to fill in the blanks. But of all options I think train would be the coolest.