MCJ West Columbia Christmas Parade of Lights Ideas

Here is my idea for the Christmas Parade
Minus the Porta Johns and the dumpster.
I say we have jeeps in a line with the reindeer heads attached to the front bumpers with lights between the jeeps and Brooks trailer last to put the blow up santa on as the sleigh and build a crate on the back to put all of our toys for tots toys in.

Idk how many people are planning on doing the parade but I have the blow up santa some lights and 5 reindeer heads that are all in the picture, personal opinion I say we all pitch in and buy led lights because they will draw less power and look 10 times better.

And I know driving in a line with lights hooked together between the rigs may be complicated but I have seen most people drive and I think we can handle that.

Any other ideas?

Attachments

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I've got some led light strings and a small inverter for the sami. Driving hooked together could be an issue bit it we do single file and leave some slack it should be doable.

What about either an open trailer, or Brooks' without the lid, to hold Santa and the toys?

I have santa on a pallet for weight and he has stings to tie him down, when I had him on the dumpster I stacked pallets up so you could see him, the only down fall to an open trailer is no one will see the toys, we will don't be going fast so I think it would work

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I gotta find an inverter for my lights, but other than that I'm down with whatever!
Single file with lights and the lead jeep needs a red nose.....last jeep needs toys & a santa

I have the red nose as well on the front reindeer I was thinking if we used led lights I could lead and run all the lights from my jeep and the use another inverter for santa

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Maybe Chase's jeep could be the sleigh with Santa on top and the toys in back (without the hardtop). I have. Larger inverted too that I could run. I vote for something red up front....

Brooks try to contact the people in charge and tell them what is going on and ask if we can use their "real" santa and just bring up the rear of the parade, every Christmas Parade has someone dressed up as a santa that's riding with someone so see if we can steal him

Brooks try to contact the people in charge and tell them what is going on and ask if we can use their "real" santa and just bring up the rear of the parade, every Christmas Parade has someone dressed up as a santa that's riding with someone so see if we can steal him

thats not a bad idea. Have Tripp get you the contact info and let me know what they say:grin:

Yes I forgot about the t tops, I contacted a lady by the name of Cory about the parade, she said they did get our registration and she will send out an email of the date for the parade meeting, she also said there is one guy that always pulls the "one and ONLY" santa but she is going to make a phone call to see if we could steal him and bring up the rear, so I'm waiting on a call back

Yes I forgot about the t tops, I contacted a lady by the name of Cory about the parade, she said they did get our registration and she will send out an email of the date for the parade meeting, she also said there is one guy that always pulls the "one and ONLY" santa but she is going to make a phone call to see if we could steal him and bring up the rear, so I'm waiting on a call back

thanks for checking chase

I just looked at the date. The parade is Dec 2nd. I have an auction that weekend, so I am doubtful I will be done in time to attend the parade. I only do auctions every 3mo, so I'm not in the position to cancel.

The lady said there would be an email sent out of the date and time of meeting, so whatever email Tripp sent them would have some info in it soon