MCJ Uwharrie December 2011 Final Details

We need to get a headcount of who plans to come to Uwharrie, and Who wants to stay in the Cabin.

There are beds to sleep 8 people, and plenty of floor space for air mattresses. The cabin has a ping pong table among other amenities. $20 per person for the weekend in the cabin, first come first served on beds, but there are couches and plenty of room for sleeping on the floor (in the heat).

We also need to know when people are planning to leave on friday.

As of right now it looks like Larry and I will be leaving Friday Morning around 10am. Anyone is welcome to come up whenever Friday or even Sat morning if you need to.

Address to house:
3743 River Road Troy, NC 27371

Eldorado Outpost Where we will meet Saturday Morning.
4021 Nc Highway 109 North, Troy, NC 27371

Breakfast sat morning, and dinner sat night:
Mountain Market & Boondocks Grill
3079 NC Highway 109 N, Troy, NC

We need numbers... Please let us know if you plan to come up for this trip.

here is the list of people I have so far based on when they are heading up:

Friday morning 10am:
Brooks
Andrea
Larry
Greg

Friday Evening:
Cole
Stacey
Brian
Larry's Parents
Gillis

People who have said they are coming but I have no idea when they are leaving:
Linus
JR?

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I plan to bring a cot since its just me, so I'm not claiming a bed.

My parents will be up Friday night, have paid Linus, and claimed a bed.

here is the list of people I have so far based on when they are heading up:

Friday morning 10am:
Brooks
Andrea
Larry
Greg

Friday Evening:
Cole
Stacey
Brian
Larry's Parents

People who have said they are coming but I have no idea when they are leaving:
Linus
Gillis

Last edited:

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I'll be bringing a cot. No need for me to take up a bed .... unless there is still one open when it's all said and done, then I'll take one.

I can leave anytime. I have no idea where this place is. What route will you guys be taking?

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
So it looks like I'll be driving alone. Our paths don't even come close to crossing. I'll probably head out between 10 and noon on Friday. When is everyone leaving to head back, Saturday or Sunday?

Man, we should have just gone to Harlan, is this all the club members going? we picked a close location so we could get a bunch of club members together for a Christmas Ride.

I'm most likely out. Too many competing priorities unfortunately. If anything I might try to make it up Saturday but I won't be leaving Friday night.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Is there any room for an air mattress on the floor somwehere? I may come up when Gillis and them do Friday.
The house is supposed to have an air mattress there. It should still be available. You and Gillis can share.

For anyone else planning on coming, the house is supposed to be fully stocked for 8 people, but I've never been there. So, bring your own towels and sheets or sleeping bag if you don't have one of the two queen beds, just to be safe.

Weather is looking good, with some Chilly nights.... burrr

Friday
High: 58
Low: 33

Saturday
High:52
Low:23

Sunday
High:52
Low:27

10% chance of rain Friday and Saturday

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
It is raining now but supposed to stop in the morning and be clear the rest of the week. What do you think the trails will be like? I have never been there so I have no clue. Will it be slick, sloppy, fine or what?