MCJ Annual Trail Ride

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I was just sitting here thinking about how few of the MCJ members I have actually seen on the trail this year. And thinking back to when the club had the discussion about items that should be required in a rig, I remember some talking about there was no room for a full sized spare and such. That made me think that there are some buggies in the group. But to this day the only rigs I've seen that are even close to buggies are Miller and JR. So back to my point .... Is there at least trip per year that is attended by all members? Maybe something close that everyone to make? Even a one day deal. URE, 33 or Gulches ... something like that?

If not, can we plan one for spring? I'd really like to get to know everyone and the best way to do that is to chew on some dirt together.

I was hoping to make the christmas uwharrie trip something like that... but it seems to be a low turnout as well

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sounds good, but logistics make it hard for some of us to make and keep plans. I think we all make rides at different times of the year, but it's gonna be tough to get everyone together at one time.
Look at me. I work nights, so meetings are a no go. I finally got things worked out for the free day at gulches, and my torque converter puked the day before! Just getting it planned was tough enough, between both jobs, my shop, my family, and me & the wife being primary care givers to my 93 yr old grandma. Even a ride to 33 for the day can get put off real quick!

Well, I think there should be an OffroadSC annual run, but I also think we should do a MCJ club run where as many club members as possible come out on the trail.

The club I rode with in Alaska sets up a M&G each year... With this They set up an obstacle corse, have a truck show, games for the kidos, lunch, vendors, and its a weekend thing... There is areas for camping so that if someone cant get out friday maybe sat. or sun... Now they have around 600 people from all over Alaska show up... Is there any way that we could do this at 33 or Gulches... If it is turned into a 3 day event there is more chance of everyone geting a chance of showing up... I have pics from the event if any...

We had an Offroad Festival Last year and we plan to do it again. We have vendors, lunch, truck show, RTI, Teeter Totter, RC Crawling. We are going to start making committees at the November meeting.

I think the MCJ ride would be a good day trip somewhere with the option to camp out. I think it is easier to get away for the day, then it is the weekend. If we want max. participation, I think that would be best. What about a overnight @ 33? Camping and such for those that can make it out Friday Night, and then wheel as a club on Saturday. Charge $10 bucks to camp and wheel, and $5 to just wheel. The proceeds go to 50/50 to charity and Tim for use of the land. This can be any time as it is close to most of the members.:cheers: By the way, we need a 2 cents smiley option :)

I think the MCJ ride would be a good day trip somewhere with the option to camp out. I think it is easier to get away for the day, then it is the weekend. If we want max. participation, I think that would be best. What about a overnight @ 33? Camping and such for those that can make it out Friday Night, and then wheel as a club on Saturday. Charge $10 bucks to camp and wheel, and $5 to just wheel. The proceeds go to 50/50 to charity and Tim for use of the land. This can be any time as it is close to most of the members.:cheers: By the way, we need a 2 cents smiley option :)
I was thinking as a club ride it probably would be best to do 33 or gulches. I like the 33 ride, but the $10 would only be for people who dont have a key.

yeah. that makes sense. I would gladly pay 10-15 for camping the night before and the day of wheeling. Especially if some was going to a charity...I like my money going to help others :) Might even Get Lori to come out. She can then head to Aiken in the morning for some shopping and fun :)

there already is a 2 cents smiley... :2c: I was about to add one and realized we already have one.