March ride in Westminster SC

I got the general information. Park is located at 274 Rufus Land Rd in Westminster SC. It's about a 2.5 hour ride from Columbia and is $10 a day. Park is around 150 Acres with trails for everyone apparently. No facilities on site and apparently no close by food so we need to make sure to pack in food.

Guys, I live 15 mins from there and have never heard of it. I'd hate for you all to make a wasted trip.

Meaders....any knowledge of this? Besides facebook?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
It would be nice if somebody could go check it out this weekend. If it's not doable, what's the backup plan?

It looks like I'm not going to make it either way...

If someone could check it out this weekend it would be great! The address is: 274 Rufus Land Rd Westminster sc .

If it is a go I say we meet up at Bill and Frans at 7 if you want to eat and head out at 8. The entrance fee is $10 a rig. They don't have any facilities and no near by food so be sure to pack a lunch.

I talked to a fella yesterday about it who took his 4Runner there a couple weeks ago. Several highlights from the conversation:

-There are some dirt hill climbs
-There is a creek that everyone rides in....."if many more pictures get on the internet of that happening then DHEC is going to be pissed"
-He got a little muddy but it wasn't "caked on mud everywhere in the axles"
-"oh they are coming from Columbia?....I wouldn't pass Gulches to ride here"
-"well, if they are on 31's or 33's they might enjoy it"
-"it has potential but they haven't gotten down to the rock yet"
-"it's mismanaged"
-"you have to go pass some REALLY trashy stuff to get there, like 'where the heck are we going?' "
-"180-400 acres"
-"similar to Rice Creek that kinda started in Liberty several years back, if they don't figure out how to run it then it will be closing soon"

That's about all I have so far. This coming from someone who used to have a back-halfed YJ on 39's, now has a late 80's 4 runner of some sort mild lift and tires.

I talked to a fella yesterday about it who took his 4Runner there a couple weeks ago. Several highlights from the conversation:

-"oh they are coming from Columbia?....I wouldn't pass Gulches to ride here"
-"well, if they are on 31's or 33's they might enjoy it"
That's discouraging. Should we change this to a Gulches trip instead? That's a long ride to be disappointed.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
That's discouraging. Should we change this to a Gulches trip instead? That's a long ride to be disappointed.
I'll leave it up to those that are planning to go, but here's my opinion.

Most of you guys are mild built on 31-35s. It sounds like this may be your only oportunity to go. There have been several "parks" open that get shut down quickly. I made it to most of them once, and don't regret going.

I'll leave it up to those that are planning to go, but here's my opinion.

Most of you guys are mild built on 31-35s. It sounds like this may be your only oportunity to go. There have been several "parks" open that get shut down quickly. I made it to most of them once, and don't regret going.
I'd say this is a fair evaluation. Get out and enjoy the day and company.

It is only 10 bucks, right? If a a few of you guys go up there, I'll meet up with y'all.

On a side note, I am now actually typing "y'all."

Y'all are a bad influence on me.