M416B1

Well I picked up a trailer project Friday. I was actually looking for pieces to start building another trailer, but i saw the add for this and realized i new the owner :)

It is an M416B1. The Marine version with the lift rings, jerry can holder brackets and the Mighty Mite wheels. These were designed to be used with the Marine Mighty Mites. I wondered why the wheels had larger holes in it than the regular m416. On the flip side it has much smaller tires than a regular m416.
I got it as a kit ;)

I reassembled it and now it is rolling around the garage.

At home next to the Rover

It is going to sit on the back burner now, until i get the Land Rover going. It will be restored and the rear panel welded back on.
Just going to use it as a trailer for camping. After Uwharrie last December, i did need more space for the family gear . :)

Thanks Jody!!! It will be taken care of.

OK I lied. I just couldnt let the trailer sit in the garage without me being tempted to touch it.
I wanted to make the tailgate whole again.
I fabbed up some sheet metal ends to replace the torched out sides of the original rear panel

Cut out the sides of the rear panel and used some thin strips of steel to have something for the two panels to weld to. i knew i was not going to butt weld the panels good.

I still need to clean up the bottom edge and then try to price out sandblasting for the rub and frame.
Anyone have a good sand blaster service you can reccomend?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
OK I lied. I just couldnt let the trailer sit in the garage without me being tempted to touch it.
I wanted to make the tailgate whole again.
I fabbed up some sheet metal ends to replace the torched out sides of the original rear panel

Cut out the sides of the rear panel and used some thin strips of steel to have something for the two panels to weld to. i knew i was not going to butt weld the panels good.

I still need to clean up the bottom edge and then try to price out sandblasting for the rub and frame.
Anyone have a good sand blaster service you can reccomend?
Does Terry still have, or have access to, the blaster from his old shop?

I got the back of the tub all welded up.

Brought it outside for some sun

Then i decided why not take it all apart, sand down and paint the frame.

Now to decide about sand blasting. I got a quote for $1500 for the tub. I almost fell out of my chair.
I could buy my own sand blasting setup for that. I guess they didnt really want to do the job.