M416 Forestry Trailer

Bows and Hinge finally got here today. 45 min later, they are installed and I am ready to go...well minus the tent fabric that is being repaired by my mother in law (slave labor...gotta love it!hahaha)

I need to make a few modifications to the trailer before she is ready to go...I love the ammo can latches, but I am having a hell of a time getting one to latch. I am not sure what the issue is, but it worked prior to the lift support installation. I am thinking of backing the side of the tub with a bit of steel to stiffen her up...if that does not work, I was looking at these....do you think they will work?

11711968.jpg

http://destacoclampstore.com/index.php?option=com_rokecwid&view=ecwid&Itemid=16#ecwid:category=688851&mode=product&product=4465629

I used destaco latches on my new lid. I had to brace the tub rail where the hinges are with 1x2x1/8" box steel so that even those latches would work properly. The trailer bowed to much without it, that is the issue you are having as welll.

Hmmm....Ok...I think I will just try to brace the inside of the tub with some 1x1 I have in the garage....

I'll answer your other question about the seams here since the other thread got closed for some reason....The seams are not horrible. the fabric is still intact, it just looks like about 3" of the seam separated. I am going to get a better look tonight when I get home. If my mother in law is too busy, I might take you up on your offer of your Grandmother if she is willing....

I don't understand why some threads are closing, thats not the first time it has happened. I opened it back up.

I'll try to get some pics of how I braced it, it helped tremendously.

Also, I was able to straighten the bed sides with my high-lift before I welded in the brace.

Fantastic....I may try that...I was thinking of just bolting in the brace since I have the interior bed lined, it seems like welding to that would be a bitch :)

the problem I had with gas grills is the grease that you get everywhere after you grill stuff. we just bring a grill grate and grill over charcoal in the fire pit usually, or cook stuff in the cast iron skillet or dutch oven.