Lower control arms for TJ

looking good greg, those inserts have a nice chamfer on them, so just match that on the DOM side and weld them up. You can probably make 4 arms with taht 2 foot piece haha.

one suggestion I have for you on this, is make the arms with the joints screwed all the way in...that way if you are able to later, you can use them to stretch your wheel base an inch before you go longarms. you wont need to shorten them from where they are so might as well not have any threads exposed if you dont need to.

I have had much better luck keeping the joint in the insert as it helps dissipate the heat from the small threads and keeps them from warping. The key is to weld in sections.

I have had much better luck keeping the joint in the insert as it helps dissipate the heat from the small threads and keeps them from warping. The key is to weld in sections.
yeah actually now that i think about it that would be better. i just have read a few things where people welded it all at once and kaboom... JJ is stuck in there.

and yeah slab getting in there would not be good but it could get onto the threads of the JJ even easier :flipoff2: lol jk jk just screw it all the way in like how you said you were going to do it :grin: and do it in sections like brooks said. if you were to do it all at once you could risk melting the polyeurthane inside the bushing as well.. not likely but it happened to my uncle.

Idk what welder your going to be using but i'd think you would be fine unless you just cranked the heat way up and laid the metal down. There shouldn't be enough weld surface on it to matter to much for it to get warpingly hot i'd think. I was using a flux machine when tacking my solid mounted JJ back together with a little to much heat, the bushings boiled out the hole for the grease zerk with maybe a half inch tack, Flux burns way hotter then mig though and i had it cranked WAY up on a way bigger machine then you have im sure.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Looks like I bent the replacement stock control arm I up in. And that clunk in the rear is the shocks. The lower bushings on the shocks are shot.