Lost another one, Gabe Gardner you will be missed......

I heard this morning that Gabe passed away yesterday while wheeling up at Harlan. I do not know all the details of the accident.

If anyone knows more about it or any arrangements being made, please post up.

01tj

I heard about this early this morning. I hated to hear about this. It really makes you think about how dangerous this can really be.

Ghost

SUPPORTER
I heard about this also.... Sorry to hear about such a tragic accident in this small close knit community. RIP!

He was just in the store one day last week and I saw him on Sunday at the new place..... makes you get that uneasy feeling inside just thinking about it. I feel for his wife and unborn child.

This is killing me on the inside! I am torn apart thinking about it, but what is even worse is his Wife who is expecting(maybe a month along) was with him in the accident. The story ive got is they were on the main trail heading back to camp(someehow they got seperated from the group) when Gabe said the jeep felt funny and he got out and checked it, got back in and drove a little more when he lost control and flipped the jeep, he had no seat belt on and had gottn thrown from jeep causing head trauma. His Wife Heather called for help on the cell phone when freinds arrived the tried cpr but he was gone. Heather and the baby are fine the doctors said.

I ask that we all Wear a seat belt even if its just backing off the trailer! This is the 3rd friend our group has lost in the last 15 months that a seat may have saved there lives.

Also this is just what ive have heard so..

I am with you Chris. 100%. I am thankfully my chassis forces me to stay harnessed in as I was the worlds worst of not wearing belts

Such a sad thing to lose anyone in our community of wheelers. I didn't know gabe but seeing a picture of his buggy I remember seeing it around. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

After seeing Coleman tumble down upper damnation, it scared the hell out of me. Safety is one thing most people over look, on road and off. I know I'm guilty of not having a belt on when your only going 5 mph but so much can happen.

Hey Guys here is what happened. The group had been wheeling that day and wound up at Lower Rockgarden, it was getting late so they were gonna head back to camp(they were camping on the Putney side) seeing they were so close to Evarts side Gade decided to get some ice for the next day in Evarts. The other 2 guys just headed back to camp while Gabe and Heather went to the store. They got the ice and Gabe let Heather drive the Jeep back to the Putney side on the way back Heather told Gabe the jeep was driving funny, they swapped seats and Gabe headed back to camp when the jeep went off the mountain(turns out the panhard mount broke off the unibody), Heather said it rolled about 3 times, then came to rest on a lower trail. The jeep was on its side and on Gabes leg but he got out from under the jeep and leaned on the cage while Heather was getting out of the jeep. He kept saying he was so sorry, and they talked for about 1 min or 2 then he passed out, Heather called for help and other friends arrived and started CPR. He was not gonna make it, his body started swelling immediately; they did CPR the whole time till he got to the ambulance. He was pronounced dead on the scene though.

Also I wanted to mention the towing company that got the jeep; they had to work about 4 hrs getting it back up the mountain. Our friends drove up there to get the jeep and called the tow company, he said it would be at least 200 just to cover fuel and labor. When our friends got there and told the owner the story and that his pregnant wife was in the jeep the owner said that he didn’t not want any money. He told our friends to give the money to Gabes wife. The name of the tow company was Alan's Towing in Harlan, KY. Just wanted to give them a big thanks!

We are setting up an account for Heather and the baby at a local BB&T. If anyone wants to donate money they can send it to my paypal account trailtoy83@yahoo.com. I will cover what ever paypal charges, so if you donate 20 bucks Heather and Baby will get all 20 dollars. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts

Thanks for the update Chris, was it head trauma or full body trauma? I dont know much about trauma, but how did he get out and talk and then pass away?

Thanks for the update Chris, was it head trauma or full body trauma? I dont know much about trauma, but how did he get out and talk and then pass away?
I cannot remember what it is called but that happend a couple years ago and it was all over the news. I'm thinking it was a famous actress. Prays to the family.