Lawn Aerator wanted

Trying to do your yard or have some other idea with it?

If your trying to do your yard, find one that has hollow prongs and pulls out plugs in your yard, it is a lot more effective with aerating and allow the soil to breath, makes a big ole mess with plugs all over your yard. An aerator like the one pictured packs down the soil more and pushes it in if you know what I mean causing less air to get to the soil and roots.

Trying to do your yard or have some other idea with it?

If your trying to do your yard, find one that has hollow prongs and pulls out plugs in your yard, it is a lot more effective with aerating and allow the soil to breath, makes a big ole mess with plugs all over your yard. An aerator like the one pictured packs down the soil more and pushes it in if you know what I mean causing less air to get to the soil and roots.
looking to use it on the yard, i'll take note of that. I have one side of my yard that no water soaks into it just sheet flows over the area...

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
It's clay over there where you are, isn't it? If so, Steve is right. Use the core aerator, and if you have the money, while the holes are still open, spread sand over the lawn. Spread it with a seeder/spreader. The sand will go down in the holes and not allow the dirt from the plugs to wash back down in. It will allow your lawn to drain and oxygen to get to the roots.