Labor Day at Durhamtown Tellico Aug 29- Sept 1st

There has been discussion on OffroadSC about a Laborday trip to Durhamtown Tellico, We are planning to head out there for the weekend. More info to come.

Camping/ Cabins at Durhamtown Tellico Info:

Basic camping in woods or field (Not along a stream or pond): $5/Person

Stream and pond-side: $10/Person

Cabin: $60/Night, $7.50/Person over 4 occupants

- 4 single beds with mattresses with pillows

- bring your own linens/sleeping bag
more info on camping

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Did ya'll talk about this at all last meeting? Who else is going? I know the Greenwood guys are heading up Friday, and I think leaving Sunday.

We were originally saying leave Sunday morning come back Monday. If we do this, I would say we need to be on the road by 6:00AM if not earlier. Or, we could head up Saturday afternoon to give us all day Sunday.

Also, what do we want to do for camping? I can check what's still available but need an idea of what we're doing.

Calli and some others talked about going. I got the no go on that one. We are going jeeping up in pisgah to the apple place for Avas first camping trip. I'll be gone for a month of weekends after this so I'm trying to spend some time with my girls before it gets cold.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I was holding off making any decisions until I knew what Brooks was doing. The only people I know are going is me and Dad, and we're flexible. I was thinking coming up either Saturday afternoon or early Sunday morning though.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Well, Since it appears no one else is going from MCJ, we may try to come up Friday night and leave Sunday. I'll talk to Dad tomorrow and see what he wants to do.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Ok, We're trying to figure out how to get up there before too late Friday night. But the plan is to be there to wheel with ya'll on Saturday.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Ok, since no other MCJ members spoke up, we adjusted our plans so that we would be there to wheel with the Greenwood crowd. Dad and I will be at the Murphy Days Inn Friday night, head into Durhamtown Saturday morning, and heading home Saturday night. If anyone else wants to join us that's great, but you'll be on your own for lodging. We hope to leave from Leesville around 5:00 Friday night and head 178.