Koh 2014

Starting 3rd lap. Will have to hit backdoor this go I think. Leader is Wayes but he missed Elvis and possibly one other rock section and will have a penalty coming down. Loren Heely just got through backdoor and is likely the leader after the time penalty comes to Wayes.

And just after I post that he comes through the start/finish and pits. They said he was the 3rd car through so 3rd physical place on course. They are talking about Tom Wayes having missed 2 large sections of the course and going to be getting what sounds like a big time penalty. Loren Healy is 2nd physical on course.

yeah, they said he skipped 2 miles somewhere before Choc Thunder, then he skipped Elvis as well. As long as Dave figures the penalty before they finish so he doesn't basically pick the winner. I would expect no less than a 30min penalty. It should cost him more time than it would have taken him to drive it for sure. I'd say at least double what it would have taken to drive.

So they are talking about the rules on course cutting now. Sounds like they are looking at Hours of penalty time based on the spots he has skipped. Dave said 5X the benefit gained is the penalty.

5X the benefit is pretty rough. I think 2X is fair as well. That's a terrible deal for him though. I am sure he didn't intentionally do it.