Jeannie wants a Jeep

So my wife has sold her Mini Cooper to get back in a Jeep. She wants to build it herself. It needs to be fairly road worthy and trail worthy as well. She doesn’t know how to drive a manual but says she’s willing to learn. I’m thinking of a TJ or YJ. I see a lot of 4 bangers for sale but don’t know a lot about them. She’s not going to do any hard wheeling and probably going to run 33s. So would a 4 cylinder be ok for her. Wanting to buy something in a couple weeks so I can have it ready for her by spring time.

I like my 4cyl. given i am looking to upgrade because on the highway in the mountain grades i just run out of oomph. Locally it is just fine. I am regeared to compensate for the 35s. Swapped out the rear axle for a toyota. Other than that i am all stock from when my Stepdad bought it new in 91.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I’m going to look at a 2003 with 98000 miles and an automatic tomorrow. A little pricey I think but has the automatic so that’s a plus. $6900. Might be able to talk him down a li
If it's in good shape that doesn't sound like a bad price. Getting one with a stock rear 44 would be a big plus.

Well good or bad, we own it. Got there to look at it and realized it’s a 4 cylinder. I was about to walk away and decided to at least take it for a test drive. It ran smooth, shifted smooth and drove straight. So I made an offer and negotiated a little. We made a deal and I drove it home from Due West, SC. Drove and ran great. No issues. So what do I do with it now? image.jpg

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Well good or bad, we own it. Got there to look at it and realized it’s a 4 cylinder. I was about to walk away and decided to at least take it for a test drive. It ran smooth, shifted smooth and drove straight. So I made an offer and negotiated a little. We made a deal and I drove it home from Due West, SC. Drove and ran great. No issues. So what do I do with it now? View attachment 19428
Start looking for a low mileage 5.3?