International Scouts

Please do I've about exahausted every resource close by. There is one on hardline in Knoxville. If he still has it next week I may hit the road. Im wanting to put my clutch in next week and really don't want to put this high geared 3 speed back in.

there's a t19 on craigslist in hickory, nc (basically a t18 with synchro'd 1st gear)
I don't know much about the Ford trans but from my short amount of reading i don't think my Texas pattern 20 would work with and like the J20 I don't know if it has the right input length.

the scout transmission has a very long input shaft and I think use a different bolt pattern on the t-case, you maybe better off getting a np435 from a ford, some factory cj bellhousing's will bolt up and A/A has the adapters to fit int with the t-case

the scout transmission has a very long input shaft and I think use a different bolt pattern on the t-case, you maybe better off getting a np435 from a ford, some factory cj bellhousing's will bolt up and A/A has the adapters to fit int with the t-case
I just finished reading info on Novaks site about the sm435. Its a good 1.5" longer then I will need an adapter, which I'm guessing won't be cheap.Being I have a Cj5 I'm scared to give up any rear drive shaft length. Ive all but given up on a cheap bolt in trans in the area. Im gone run some crawl ration numbers and see what other choices I have.

I will be out at Todd's tomorrow Dean. I will look at the two he has if he's gotten them out of the truck. He keeps all of his parts in an old 18 wheeler way back in a field. His dad was hunting Saturday so we didn't want to mess him up by riding out there.

I will be out at Todd's tomorrow Dean. I will look at the two he has if he's gotten them out of the truck. He keeps all of his parts in an old 18 wheeler way back in a field. His dad was hunting Saturday so we didn't want to mess him up by riding out there.
Oh he has 2? When you mentioned it was out of a cj7 i just dismissed it being a t-18 because from what I've read they were an order option only for cj5's. The Cj7's had the t-176 which has the 4.0 first gear.
Either way let me know. It would be a huge score for it to be a cj, t-18.

Decided on a Scout 300. Direct bolt in, low range goes from 2.0ish to 2.62 with a lot more options down the road. The D20 can be rear geared also but only to 3.1 or so and its a grand. Or go the 300 route, 4.1's are available, twin stick that has more options for front dig or bigger outputs. Just more room for improvement if I ever thought I would need it.