Impending Weather - Club Service?

I have no idea how this would work or where to start, but I remember seeing this on news clip for somewhere in Canada or somewhere the local jeep club would work with first responders in severe weather situations to take doctors/nurses to hospital etc and/or delivering other critical personel places in severe weather.

Might be too late for this for tomorrows "storm" but certainly something might be worth discussing for a future meeting and how to get paired up with the right people that could use a 4wd in critical situations.

I have no idea how this would work or where to start, but I remember seeing this on news clip for somewhere in Canada or somewhere the local jeep club would work with first responders in severe weather situations to take doctors/nurses to hospital etc and/or delivering other critical personel places in severe weather.

Might be too late for this for tomorrows "storm" but certainly something might be worth discussing for a future meeting and how to get paired up with the right people that could use a 4wd in critical situations.
someone at my office just mentioned this to me because they knew I had a jeep. I thought we had gone down this avenue a few years ago and the liability was too high to consider. I remember discussing it, but I dont remember what our decision was.

I think the principle of this idea is great, IF you're in backwoods Nebrask-ifornia.

However, in the present day, it's pretty much pointless in most metropolitan areas. How many hospitals, EMS, fire service, law enforcement, or any other critical agencies are open 9-5? How many aren't staffed 24/7? How many don't have provisions for the current shift to eat/sleep on-site for extended periods?

I've got various friends and neighbors that are nurses and such. They have my number as well as alternates if they really need to get somewhere in an emergency.

A 23 year old kid with a TJ held together with duct tape isn't at the top of anyone's emergency contact list.

I think the principle of this idea is great, IF you're in backwoods Nebrask-ifornia.

However, in the present day, it's pretty much pointless in most metropolitan areas. How many hospitals, EMS, fire service, law enforcement, or any other critical agencies are open 9-5? How many aren't staffed 24/7? How many don't have provisions for the current shift to eat/sleep on-site for extended periods?

I've got various friends and neighbors that are nurses and such. They have my number as well as alternates if they really need to get somewhere in an emergency.

A 23 year old kid with a TJ held together with duct tape isn't at the top of anyone's emergency contact list.
I'm guessing that duct taped Jeep will be at the top of a lot peoples list in Atlanta, jus sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The big thing about Atlanta wasn't so much how bad the roads were, it was trying to move 3,000,000 people at the same time on a handful of roads on top of the weather made things so bad. My bosses wife spent 1.5hrs trying to get out of her parking garage at work along with 3k other ppl and it took her 6 hrs to get home, 4 miles away. Another friend of mines wife got in her car at 12 and didn't get home till 11.

Chipper jones went and rescued the braves first baseman now on his 4wheeler.